SAMPLE LOGIC SAYS GOODBYE...3 Products Only

Discussion in 'Software' started by LuckySevens, Oct 2, 2015.

?

How many people actually paid for any Sample Logic products?

1. I'm embarrassed to say "I did"...

16.3%
  2. I would NEVER!!!!

16.3%
  3. I wouldn't even use it, if I could download it for free!!!!

12.2%
  4. Oh!! Sample LOGIC... I thought you said "Sample Magic"!!! Never mind...

16.3%
  5. "I need ointment for this itch over here..."

12.2%
  6. never used anything from Sample Logic, but still sad to see them closing!

30.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Here I got all excited thinking that Sample Logic was going out of business!!!

A.I.R. EXPANDED, THE ELEMENTS EXP, SYNERGY X
    75% OFF LAST CHANCE EVER: October 1st - October 14th

SAMPLE LOGIC SAYS GOODBYE TO AN END OF AN ERA...
    [​IMG]

It’s time to give a proper farewell to our signature originals.
    A.I.R. EXPANDED
    THE ELEMENTS EXP
    SYNERGY X
    LIMITED TIME, LIMITED INVENTORY!

GOING GOING GONE...
    There is a very limited supply and at $99.99 per library, our supplies are not going to last very long. Don’t miss out on your final chance to own A.I.R Expanded, The ELEMENTS EXP, or SYNERGY X, before these originals are gone. What are you waiting for, the time is now!
    QUICKGETTHEMNOWORFOREVERHOLDYOURPEACE.
    GET MORE INFO

$99 is the price it should have been at all along!!! (OMG! They priced their shit at $360 to $400!!!)
    That's one company that I wouldn't miss AT ALL. Even having tried their libraries from AZ couldn't convince me to use them (for free!!!) much less pay the absolutely ridiculous prices they place on ALL of their product line.
    This company has no intention on selling the libraries to anyone but the foolish or the wealthy!!
    (I don't get the "Limited Inventory", when they are downloads)

Oh well... wishful thinking on my part.

3. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

I liked these three particular libraries just for the ambient sounds. I used a handful of their patches in a couple of my tracks. But yeah, their prices are ridiculous. $99 is reasonable. Fuck that $400 nonsense!

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Their UI's are great.. but.. they tend to over-complicate and try to do tooo much...

and yes.. 400 beans.... I dont think so.

BTW the limited supply bit is because they paid for license from NI.. and you only get so many downloads for the 10K or so it costs...

still they should have mentioned that.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Sad to see such good stuff go away. I have a part to play in it. $400 or $40, I'd prob still wouldn't support because I'm not fond of Kontakt or their libraries. However, that's absolutely no excuse. Who's next is the question.

6. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Their UI's (in my opinion of course) are garbage... too much time spent on graphics and they still have shitty sounding libraries...
    Thanks for clarifying the NI issue...

7. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

Their libraries are alright, but so damn expensive.

Is there anything to prevent them from unpacking these and selling them at a lower price as legacy KONTAKT (non-player) libraries in the future?

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Great, had they not overcluttered them.. is what I meant.:yes:

This really must piss the people off that paid 400. :facepalm:

9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Cannot justify the price on any software! i mean its not something you physically own or would leave sitting in your house somewhere
    if your pc goes your shit outa luck on all this software, ! i am a Firm Believer of the Warez Community 1000 percent

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Hopefully, yo do music for free because you can't place a song on your dresser after you make it.

11. SomeOtherGuy

SomeOtherGuy Member

I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like they are closing their business, they're just dropping those three products. They just released Gamelan a month ago, FWIW.

12. SonicBoomer

SonicBoomer Producer

That's because you don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about. On top of a broken moral compass. You can't justify paying for ANY software because 1.You're not smart enough to create it. 2.You don't respect the concept of working enough to recognize someone else's hard work at your disposal. 3.You're an idiot. No. You are. Especially, when it comes to general science, computer science and intellectual property rights. Property in the digital domain is transferred to you as data in binary code to use and you clearly you use it all the time, but it "magically" doesn't exist because you can't hold it in your hand? You are a pure retard. Prime dummy. Get off this site. No get off the internet because it doesn't exist. Don't pay your provider for it cause you can't hold the bitstream. Leave and never come back.

"Try before you Buy" is the motto of the digital underground pioneers, who Robin Hooded for the
    starving but hopeful musician/producer, a chance to taste the big leagues and hold them down until they could proudly get a legitimate copy when funds were possible. It is what it is, but even the most shiftless moochers buys some of the stuff he likes now and again. Your justification goes beyond need it's purely callous greed, supported by ignorance. I don't expect you to read a book on the properties of light and physics. Another on computer science and basic coding and another on business basics and fundamentals, and get back to us with an intelligent response. But you should.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Sonic, I agree with much of what you say, OTHER than.. try before you buy.. as. most software has a try before you buy option freely given by the devs.

Unless a particular software doesn't have a trial..which, isn't often..15%??.. then its just a guise to thieve things while espousing something 'someone else said' that sounds good as a fall back rationale.

Quite the flaw in the warez mantra.

I'm sure a small percentage of us actually live by these words... probably a much smaller % than most would like like to admit.. but..really, a good % of us are just thieves... hiding behind... try before you buy

Call me cynical....

and a self confessed thief. (That loves this site.)

...and a dev.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. I don't use samples much. I don't pick fights about paying for stuff on an audioz site. Both seems a bit futile to me.

15. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

i have a couple, morphestra and xosphere which i bought on sale, and i think they are really very good, however, had i payed full price i wouldve been super disappointed, so yes ,they are extreme prices!

16. SonicBoomer

SonicBoomer Producer

People are going to do what they do, but the underground's motto isn't some Freudian double speak. It's a practice akin to crop rotation. Let's be clear W/z go FAR BEYOND a 3-5-14 or 30 DAY trial.

Yet, that's not what deserved comment. It was the idea that you NEVER should pay for ANY software, because it's not real! LOL Absurd.
    Hit a developer off now and again. It's that simple.

17. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I'm one of those "weirdos" who make their own libraries, so I don't need to buy anyone else'. :wink:

By using someone else' sounds you give up your originality, IMO, and by using/making your own sounds you learn loads of things. Downside: you shouldn't be lazy and you should really love doing it, because you need to invest heaps of time and equipment to pull it off, not to mention inspiration. :wink:

Like messing with your own crap always feels better than messing with someone else' crap, eh? :rofl:

Cheers!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

again when you want a kontakt player version of your library you have to pay a really high fee, something like 5000€+ for one library.
    thats why they are so expensive or allow it only to use in the full version.
    thats NI way of making money.

a bit sad :(
    i havnt used any sample logic libraries, downloaded a few still.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I agree with one of the comments regarding the price. They are asking a premium price, similar to Spitfire or Orchestral Tools. The problem is that in their case, the added value is simply not there. It's not enough to have a multi gb library with a somewhat nice GUI, in the end what matters the most is the sound. Not that it sounds bad but it's definitely not sounding like a 400 bucks product. Compare this to Berlin String or Spitfire Mural...

20. Anakin

Anakin Guest

It is just end of this three products not sample logic as company

21. remix

remix Platinum Record

Why would you want a company to go out business?"Content Removed"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015