Sample library browsing slow and hangs:

Discussion in 'Live' started by sk23, May 17, 2020.

1. sk23

sk23 Newbie

Hello guys, I´m using Ableton Live 10.1.14 64 bit on Windows 10 1909 x64 on a brand new assembled computer with this components:

CPU I7 9700K

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 DDR4 3200 RAM

Operating system + sample library disk Samsung 970 Evo

Sapphire RX 580 8GB GPU

I have about 500GB samples (also with Kontakt libraries) and when browsing inside ableton to search and listen preview a sound, it takes quite long time to open the folder and to reproduce the files. In those moments also the computer seems to hang. Anywone experiences something like this? I also thought that maybe I should take another 500GB Samsung 970 Evo where I install just the operating system and the library stays on another drive, if this cuold for sure helps.
    I don´t know honestly if in 2020 I expect too much from a 970 Evo! I thought it can run operating system and DAW and anyway give a decent fast response while browsing.

Thank you for the help!

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Your scratch disc for recording to, and your Kontakt library drive, should be separate from your OS drive.
    Just leave your OS drive to deal with your OS and daw. No recording to it and no sample libs on it.