Sample chopping aficionados? Time-stretch/Pitch-shift FL studio 11 "issue"

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by imightandiwill, Apr 19, 2020.

1. imightandiwill

imightandiwill Newbie

Alright so im cutting up this sample right?
    My procces usually goes: find sample i like, download the sample and throw it into my Fl sounds folder, drag the sample from the FL sounds folder into slicex to make my chops, and drag those chops into my playlist so i can stretch length/tweak pitch and arrange to my liking.
    On my current project Im trying to use this chop like a synth instrument, by stretching it to one bar and playing it on loop. I would like to use the piano roll to play different notes of this aswell but they all play at different tempos. Turns out FL 11 does not have a "stretch" resample option because the feature was introduced in FL12, so i cant get the achieved effect in the channel settings. Im wondering if their is a workaround like a VST that can let me keep the speed of the sample the same while letting me use the piano roll to simply effect pitch. i know that Harmor, Directwave, and Fruity Granulizer can technically do this but they are all stock Fl plugins with pretty outdated algorithms and effects so the sound is always layered with some droning synth or just sounds very distorted. Ive heard plugins like Melodyne, and Serato Sampler can get the job done and they have pretty good time/ pitch algorithms but i was just wondering what yall would suggest. Would Discord3 have what im looking for?

Bonus question: after i send a chop to playlist and stretch to one beat, and try to "save as" so i can have the stretched version readily available, it always keeps the tempo of the original chop, leaving me with a bunch of copies of the same sound. Im very lost here lmao. ive tried using edison to edit and save but im still getting the same result. Essentially im editing the chop and trying to save said edited chop but it always saves as the original unedited chop, length pitch and all. Could this have to do with resample option in the channel settings aswell or is there something im completely missing?

Thanks in advance

3. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

Kontakt has some algorithms for this or like you said serato sample.

4. RichtijaMiesaEschta

RichtijaMiesaEschta Noisemaker

How about "make unique as sample" in the playlist for whatever chop you want to play and then change pitch per sample? It's a bit tedious but it should get the basic thing done right

5. mitchel

mitchel Guest

try iZotope Iris 2
    pitch mode: Radius RT
    or
    kontakt
    config/source change DFD to time machine pro

6. lancexx

lancexx Producer

Why can't you just update your version of FL to FL20?