Samp X3 vs DP9 stock instruments and plugins.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by mozee, Jan 17, 2018.

1. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

So @Recoil got me started exploring Magix stock instruments, the effects I was already familiar with. I wanted to contrast what was available in Samplitude vs an other rare bird that isn't really known for the instruments it comes with that I use quite often.

I tried to go for the same sound without spending an inordinate amount of time and the conclusion I've come to is that if you are looking for a particular sound and Magix has created a Vita instrument for it or it is available in Independence you are in luck, they aren't that bad, but if you are looking to create a sound or need a synthesizer - man you are out of luck in Magix world. Revolta2 needs an update. DP doesn't come with as many instruments as Samp, but what it does come with is a really great synthesizer and even if it is a pain in the ass to use (MX4 really is a pain in the ass to use) the flexibility it offers up to create the sound you want and have a much larger coloring box kind of balances that out.

As far as drum sounds go, seems like Magix might have the upper hand in some respects but neither of them are too shabby. Independence is a much more robust sample manager and router than Model12 MOTU's drum machine and the two are not really comparable. Mach5v3 isn't included with DP9 but Model12 holds its own on the routing and sample playback even one can't get as many articulations and timbers out of it as Independence.

The VIP project is attached bellow for those that want to mess with it...

Samplitude X3 Suite

Digital Performer 9

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List

Attached Files:

3. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Hello, I can not compare SAM to another DAW, because I use it from the beginning. Mainly for electronic music and soundtracks, but I have to say that the instruments are great in SAM, especially DN-e1, Bass Machine, Analog Synths, Cinematic Soundscapes, Cinematic Synth and Independence which I use almost always. And I agree, Revola 2 needs 64x bits update because it's a great synthesizer.
    I learned to create instruments for Independence myself, below you can download Roland TR 606,808,909 drum machine, which I use pratically in each of my songs :rofl:

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/QSrAZ9gL/file.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. powerplay

powerplay Ultrasonic

I advise you not to use stock plug-ins.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

If you never try them you'll never know if they are good or not. They've come a long way.

sigh_samp_mixer.png sign_samp_arrange.png

6. powerplay

powerplay Ultrasonic

I've tried 'em all, not too terrible, but I'd go for dedicated commercial instruments. one more thing, Magix really have to redesign UI.