Saffire Pro 40 Help Needed

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Lette, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

Hi guys, could any kind forum member help with a problem I'm having in regards to the saffire pro 40 and a microkorg xl+

I've tried various ways to get sound out of my monitors (adam f7's) using the microkorg hooked up to the saffire, honestly guys I've tried numerous cable combinations from the korg into the saffire without much joy :-(

I'm beginning to think it's a setting in the saffire mix control, which I'm just beginning to explore, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards :wink:

3. Sounds like you are only hooked up with midi in and not audio, but perhaps I am playing the fool, and everybody plays the fool sometimes, there's no exception to the rule.

4. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

Thanks, I'll send focusrite an email, and see if I can get this sorted :)

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

I have a Saffire Pro 40 and I can tell you the s/w setup is not intuitive at all - understanding the relationship between the mixer in your DAW and the Mix Control mixer is key. I'm using it for 5.1 mixing, an application that it works for, but for which there are no templates or settings - I had to poke around to figure out the right setup. If you're working in stereo it's somewhat more straightforward, and the manual is at least some help here. Once you have a mixer setting that works for you, save it and keep it as the default setup. Always boot the Saffire s/w first, then your DAW. If it doesn't see the h/w, power it off and then on, then boot the s/w again.

6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

It is in the saffire mix control and you need to play arround with it,
    maybe tthis tutorial can be some help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mceD9Ocbi44

it gets interesting at 5:00

7. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

Many thanks guys for the information, I'm now up & running :mates:
    Emailed focusrite and they got back to within four hours, which I didn't think at all bad :wink:
    Going to look at the tutorials and learn , when I first opened up mx control, it was like looking at the flight deck of the starship enterprise, I just though to myself "Oh Shit" :rofl: