Sad song mixed with Acustica Taupe and Gold2 on every tracks

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by tamere, Dec 7, 2018.

1. tamere

tamere Platinum Record

Hello good people! I wanted to share a new song I just mixed using Taupe on every tracks. and the rest using Gold2 in awesome Studio One v4 of course. had to render events a lot. It was mastered on a real MCI tape machine.

Hope you enjoy!

3. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

My ear isn't satisfied with that song. I can appreciate the track's soft theme , but there isn't any drums. Tape for me is all about drums and coating those harsher frequencies.

4. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Beautiful song... Beautiful video... Love the gorgeous synths that come on top of the piano... Wish there was one more section to it ( a singing section)... Great work! Congrats! :like:

5. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

As awesome as always.

More Plajia! :D

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful song and vid, interesting structure, good sounds. I think tape is usuable for everything. Would not have been bad if it were longer. :yes:

7. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

mix is great work well done.

8. ICWC

ICWC Guest

I'm looking askance at you right now. With every movement, you're taking your paces backward into simplicity. It's unjustified for a good composer like you.:no::bow::mates:

9. tooloud

tooloud Guest

So you decided not to trust Taupe on the master bus, preferring a real, reel to reel.

10. tamere

tamere Platinum Record

Wow guys thank you so much for all your positive comments! this forum is so great. people are nice and are sincere! glad to be part of this community! music have us come together indeed :) cheers

11. tamere

tamere Platinum Record

I trust Taupe. I dont trust my ears that much for that final touch so I wanted to have a pro mastering guy use the tape of the better and find the best settings. and for my personal satisfaction of knowing I at least used a bit of real analog gears ;)

12. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

Nice soft sounding tune and smooth mix. The intro piano reminds me of this song in a good way. :)

13. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

really smooth very nice!, but i kinda wanted to hear the vocal a bit louder and closer, felt like i kinda had to think about the vocal in order to really hear it how i wanted, but maybe its a stylistic choice of a genre im not familiar with so idk
    really nice job anyways :)

14. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Cant disagree with you. I use Taupe, but if I had my old Revox and a few reels of 456, I'd use it myself.