S3V vs Neumann KH420

Discussion in 'Studio' started by WarpenN1, Jan 18, 2020.

1. wamto

wamto Member

any one experience with kali audio ? they are seems getting good review everywhere.

2. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

3. Millenium

Millenium Producer

In this price range, you should consider the Focal Trio 11 Be , there is absolutely no equivalent at this price actually , they sound full and accurate as PMCs and ATCs at a lower cost.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. WarpenN1

WarpenN1 Member

what about sm9 v focal 11? both exactly same price in here O.O I need to upgrade my old onyx 1640i mackie with monitors too, because god asio drivers suck big time with these.. and Ive used 2 different mics with this mixer one modified and sm7b I currently use with cloudlifter and I just cant the sound that pleases me and I feel like there is too much noise when gain is set maximum. If some program tries to access my channels that are already in use, driver for those channels freezes and I need to disable and re-enable audio driver for those.

Adam s3v I could get in about 2 months, focal trio 11 be in 3 about

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't see the relation between your (supposed bad) monitors and your noise when you preamp is on maximum and your computer freezing because of bad drivers.
    Good monitors will not solve these problems.

6. WarpenN1

WarpenN1 Member

I mean that my mixer has too much noise when trying to amp up my mic sm7b, doing total whole overhaul with my equipment starting with good pair of studio monitors.

While trying to make good bit more space for other equipment, mixer and my av receiver takes big portion of my desk space.

7. Millenium

Millenium Producer

SM 7B is a very good dynamic microphone, I love this mic, however it requires high level power as the output is low, that’s why you have noise using it with the 1640i.
    So, you're right, investing in high-end Audio Interface with good pre amps and drivers can make a huge difference.
    My SM 7B is connected on the mic input of my RME audio interface without any noise.

However, If I can afford, I highly recommend you first to treat your room acoustically and not spend your whole budget in high end loudspeaker, I mean you will have much better results with cheaper speakers / some power conditioner /good monitor stand and cables in your room treated
    than the Focal Trio 11 or Adam S3V in your room not treated.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  8. WarpenN1

WarpenN1 Member

I have now enough money for monitors, and next buy is gonna be good audio interface, 1640i has poor and somewhat unstable drivers. I cant really go under 256 buffer size and even 256 buffer size cracks occasionally, and changing settings can freeze driver so I have to disable and re enable channel to get it back working. How are rme preamp's compared to this analog mixers preamp's?