S1 sometimes doesn't allow text input (MacOS)

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by tripey, Dec 28, 2021.

1. tripey

tripey Ultrasonic

Anybody having this issue? It's really random. I'll try to rename a track and it won't let me. Or I'll try to enter notes in a track and it won't let me do that either. It's messed up some arrangements before because I have shortcut keys mapped like Pro Tools az Focus keys and those shortcut keys will fire off instead of texts being entered. It's intermittent and random. I'll go ahead and open a ticket about this but was wondering if anybody is experiencing this.

Oh! Also can anybody horizontal scroll with their Logitech trackball mouse? S1 can't do shift + scroll with this mouse. I can horizontal scroll with the apple magic mouse but my wrist hurts from long editing sessions.

Anyway I had no idea I registered an account here. Been lurking for awhile. ✌️

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Ok, you mentioned Apple Magic Mouse so we got the OS covered but which S1 version?

4. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Best Answer
    I have experienced this on my M1 but not on Windows. The workaround for me is to close and reopen the window I'm trying to enter in ie the mixer.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. tripey

tripey Ultrasonic

Oops my fault. 5.4.1 and on High Sierra 10.13.6

6. tripey

tripey Ultrasonic

Hmm OK I'll try this. Thanks !

7. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Once I can figure out a set of steps to reliably replicate the behaviour, I will report it as a bug to the devs.
    on the down low, the next update is gonna be great, it adds something users have been begging for for years.

8. tripey

tripey Ultrasonic

Thanks again for suggesting this. It's super helpful when the text input isn't responding and I can just hit "3" a couple times to reset the whole thing so I can enter texts again.

9. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

I experience this issue quite often, too. Glad to see someone else mention it!