S.O.P.U. - subGENRE (Hybrid Trap)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by subGENRE, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Cool stuff. I don't usually listen to this genre of music but this one is pretty dope. That said, you gained a new follower - me aka "Everlasting Friday". :mates:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I could be writing anything from metal to jazz sometimes. Whatever genre of music I make, I always put my funk on it.:wink:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

You got some Talent in that blood of yours bro ! im gona share this one on my Facebook Dude \m/ This make a good fit for a movie scene haha ... its got the get chills factor goin on :boombox:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I just made another pass. Went back into the mix and fixed the eq on the kick, it was driving me nuts. Changed out the ableton EQ for ProQ2 (linear phase). Also swapped out the oxford limiter for ProL(ISP). Seems a lot clearer and louder now. Going to update the soundcloud file

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Dude, talent? I cant get enough of your track broken. That song fuckin kicks ass . Need to promote that shit man.

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Thanks man. I apprecite that very much!

Thanks for the tips. Changed out my eq and final limiter for ProQ2 and ProL and Its much clearer and a bit louder.

7. inusable

inusable Producer

Really good track ! :like:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Yes please drop the updated soundcloud ! How much gain on this Pro-L instance? I think some (more) clean squash would work great with this.

9. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I already did, thats why the play count went from 100 back to zero. Im avaraging -6 now with some peaks a hair louder.

10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Hey bro @subGENRE ... wen you get time Try Invisible Limiter G2 .... it has a crazy amount of oversampling ability and on first use leave it set to modern and only increase the input and set you desired ceiling . engage the bias and play with the Soft Knee i somtimes go 10 to 20% works wonders ;) most times i leave it in Auto mode but i have engaged the Attack and Release and set manual on a few really fast songs but more than not i leave it on Auto :) you can change the shape A,B an C of the Attack ... it has a comp on it too but i dont need it so it stays off... if you learn this limiter its an Ass kicker dude \m/ But i also know that some material dont work with all Limiters so thats why we are blessed with so many options \m/ i clip my Converter to get most of my level cause it just sounds better to me but 90% of the Time this is the Limiter i catch it with on the way back in and with -4 to-6 with amazing quality to be that loud... This is Rock Metal but would like to hear your input on what it can do for you and your Masters \m/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Just took a listen to the updated master, I think it's better. Well everybody with hears love dynamics in EDM, but this fits the genre better imo. And you didn't lost a single bit of quality/definition, it even look like it's a bit more clear/defined.

And damn those drops. F***. May I ask one last thing about em? :bleh: How did you sequenced the main drop parts? Right on your main sequencer/playlist, or did you used any tools to cut/merge/mount them?

The more I listen the more I love this double drop relationship. When you click on the first then the second, A/B style, it feels so great, you hear it's the same song but a complete different feeling, the key change helped a lot but there is more, can't define it well! And what I like about this is that you're breaking a general code of this kind of EDM. A code that I like to break too, the well famous "copy-pasta first drop and change 2-3 sound design things to make it to at least 3min", it's rare and well appreciated!

Damn, talking about feels and musical technics, I realise how my english is awkward :rofl: