Russia To Punish ISPs, Search Engines & Users Over Content Blocking

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catalyst, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

3. AlexVox

AlexVox Newbie

they already tried to make $-penalties and fails, after that they changed bill and removed all penalties, music and software were removed too. People are not ready to pay penalties, and providers are not ready to trace users.
    at the same time a large parliamentary group of 92 members put another bill to cancel that SOPA law

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I hope so but I know in other countries things are much worse. Russia is just now starting to deal with a problem that has existed for quite some time but eventually who knows maybe things turn bad. Time will tell if they will be successful in pushing back the copyright cartel.

5. AlexVox

AlexVox Newbie

This is a complicated thing for rightholders. Many laws are ignored by people (i.e. some laws doesn't work at all), it's a kind a mentality issue, not just law-issue, even strong penalties doesn't help in this regard. Parliament can accept strongest law ever, but what's written on paper - not always work in reality, pathetic efforts =XD

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's basically a repeat of the war on drugs...the biggest FARCE the world has ever seen.

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Somebody should make a remix of Tears for Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" and call it "Everybody Wants To Rule The Internet".

I know. It isn't funny. I'm not laughing either. :sad:

Whatever politicians touch, becomes spoiled. If I believed in god, and if god existed, I'd pray every day to him to kill all the politicians first, and then all the bankers. So the only scum left would be solicitors.

Damn, it's still not funny. Probably because it isn't. :sad:

Ahhh, good old 90s... FTP... IRC... BBS... Gopher... command line [I still call it "console", same as audio mixer]... nobody knew anything about the Internet except the ones that wanted to know like my humble self. I even used Internet on Atari 1040 at the time, or was it Mega 4? No, Atari 1040 STE, and then later on I bought Mega 4 with SCSI HD.

Finally something funny! :rofl:

8. AlexVox

AlexVox Newbie

lucky man, i hadn't Internet on my ZX Spectrum 48k '(

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yeah, if I remember correctly there were only Internet apps for Atari and Amiga. Spectrum and Commodore became a bit obsolete at the time. They became more of a "game consoles" in the 90s. :rofl: I had C64 for that purpose, although I played on Atari a lot, too. I was never into Amiga, because it didn't have native MIDI interface like Atari.

10. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Funny how many politicians (USA ones especially) use the word punish
    If you look at the word more closely, it could be pun-ish, so what they really talk about? Things that have properties of double meaning? Most likely! Read between words :rofl:

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Good one. :rofl:

Whenever I interface with my government over all the bullshit laws they have it always feels like they're my parents and I'm getting grounded. What a joke.