Running soft synths to eurorack

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by anonymouse, Dec 27, 2021.

1. anonymouse

anonymouse Platinum Record

Hey guys,

It seemed fun to experiment with running soft synths through analog hardware, and eurorack filters in specific caught my attention.

Anyone have experience with this? I love the sound of the System80 Jove filter:

My Motu M4 is DC coupled, so I would be able to use CV.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. anonymouse

anonymouse Platinum Record

Thanks for the article, interesting read. For me, I am not too much concerned about budget or space. I think in that respect the eurorack format covers budget and space already. Sound is what I am looking for, for example the the System80 Jove is based on a Jupiter-6, it sounds really nice imo. Put it in a Moog 60HP and it could be a nice start of a hybrid digital+analog journey.

AJH Synth's MiniMod sounds awesome too:

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @anonymouse, I am pleased to hear that you are enthusiastic and satisfied with the sound.

6. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

The biggest hurdle I've always found out using external HW with softsynths is setting the levels correctly. Sure, it's fun to overdrive filters from time to time, but being careful here helps with the noise and sound in general. Of course, this becomes more fun if you've got an audio interface with plenty of I/O.

Something you might be interested in is Volta by MOTU, always wanted a setup like this but no room for a modular at the moment. Well, that and no extra cash either.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List