Running Logic in VMware Player on Windows

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Zenarcist, Mar 2, 2018.

1. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Lol, I was actually going to be the first reponder to this post this morning, but got busy while i was typing... this post got a lot of action pretty quick.

Anyway I literally just got done mixing a project today that I opened using logic inside of VMWARE. I actually prefer to work in Studio one, but my client working in Logic.

Anyway the only drawbacks that I noticed are...

-Any bugs that you might experience as a result of virtualization depending on you hardware (some graphical glitches). You may need to find the right kext for certain hardware.

-Setting VMWAR's audio buffer settings to more suitable latency settings takes a few tech savvy steps

-Waves Plugins do not work inside of OSX in VMWARE, or dual boot hackintoshes (in my case when opening most waves GUI's they crash logic, or they appear blank/white, they pass audio fine though)

-If your computer does not have sufficient specs, you may not have enough ram/cpu power to run large sessions (I have an 8 thread i7, and 32 gigs of ram, so I have noticed no real issues with resources).

All in all even with the issues, I found that once you get VWARE setup right it was more convenient than a dual boot, especially with using shared drives function within VMWARE. But for midi composing, dual boot may have a slight advantage with latency.... I'm still testing to find out though.

2. Deep_AM

Deep_AM Noisemaker

Should mention that this was midi of a NI keybaord

If you don't mind me asking what were the setting? midi input lag wise does it get worse as the session goes on?

3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

What versions of everything did you use?

4. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

5. Deep_AM

Deep_AM Noisemaker

come back starkid84, we need your guidance on the VM thing.

6. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

Sorry to resurrect this, but does anyone know how to solve the graphics stuttering when running Logic in VMware? I'm using the onboard graphics on my Intel chip, no graphics card, but everything works great except for the graphics issues...