Running Best Service - Engine 2 Libraries off external hard drive?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Donut Nyamer, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Hello AudioSexyWalls, I hope everyone here is well today. I was wonder if someone would please help me figure out if Engine 2 Libraries can run off your external hard drive to save space on my working machine?

I read the manual & it seems you can but I also could have maybe misunderstood a few things when reading. I also took to search engines & searched AudioSex before asking as well. Thanks in advance to anyone that happens to know.

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

4. ToadMonster

ToadMonster Member

Best Answer
    I purchased Engine 2 some years ago. Back then I had no problems running libraries from an external drive, so I guess the answer is Yes you can.

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Great! Thanks so much for the super quick answer I'm psyched now! Going to transfer my libraries over.
    Hope I link it back up smoothly in the preference setting without having to reinstall it.

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

can u not add multiple folders for the library? i think i could do that, bcs the yellow tools library and the factory lib were pretty big as i installed them, so i had to split it.

7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I have multiple libraries in there yeah, I'm just moving them all to my external to free up space to make for my own music because the data on my working machine is starting to get chubbier than Homer Simpson after Thanksgiving & a dozen of donuts for dessert thanks to those damn reverb IR's! lol

I actually learned you can use the same libraries with Independence by Magix? Which I thought was very cool. I thought Independence was made by Yellow Tools before?

8. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Thanks a ton again @ToadMonster

I just fired up Engine 2, added the libraries 1 by one which wasn't much but I'm back at it again with more hard drive space, bitchin!

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

the Independence lib by magix, its huge 70GB or so, but sounds are not that great.

yeah Yellow Tools i guess owned the engine back in the days, so u could also use their libraries with BS Engine or independence.

glad u got it solved.

10. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Thanks for the heads up, I thought they might be more like the Best Service libraries which I'm really enjoying right now. It is pretty convenient users of both software can share libraries though. Thanks I'm glad I got it resolved. It was easy, just added the libraries one by one then got to rockin' that quick.