Rough mix - suggestions and direction (disco-ish)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by mozee, Jul 24, 2017.

1. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

I miss my little cotton ball so much, this was my therapy to remember in a happier way. She died young and unexpectedly, and that broke my heart a little. This my attempt at remembering her in the good times we shared.

I still miss her fiercely. But through my tears, I try not forget, but to remember her vibrant spirit and how happy she always was.

j'avais une petite chienne, que j'adorais. Elle est morte jeune, et cela ma brise le coeur profondément. Ceci est un essai de me souvenir des bons temps que j'ai eut avec elle.

Elle me manque terriblement encore. Mais à travers mes larmes, j'essaie encore de ne pas l'oublier mais de me rappeler son esprit vif et toujours contant.

Any suggestions, comments, ideas or direction (I know I tend to stay on the ride like a monkey and timing is not so good, I might make a quantization pass.) The bandcamp player should be loading up bellow.

Thanks,

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Master Q

Master Q Producer

sounds great just needs to be polished and some more kick ...Maybe some run ti through some tape.

4. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

@Master Q

Thanks man. I appreciate the input.

Some tape would add a bit of bottom and soften the highs a bit.

5. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

I`ll suggest waves center plugin in the mix chain, it helps a lot, take a look

6. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Nice! After a long time, pressing play didn't scare the hell out of me LOL - in fact I had to raise the vol. ;)
    Sugg.: although rhythm section should be tight, for other elements IMO you should think twice, before quantizing - may lose the "feel". I'd like the "lead" even more "dreamy". Maybe tape or similar would really help polish the track.. otherwise, love it!

7. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

@anvier

There really isn't any panning done on those tracks yet outside of what Roland and Korg built into the patches.
    I am not sure a M/S processor of use just yet. Looks interesting though, thanks for turning me onto it.

@Matt777

I def. agree, way too many times press play and I am assaulted by wall of sound so I know the feeling :)

I am worried about loosing groove too, maybe I'll just quantise the bass drum and tighten the snare a bit and let everything as is.

I'll take a look at maybe increasing the dreaminess of that patch, maybe increase the delay feedback, or might have to double the track with one of them bypassing the Fantom's effects and a do a version with VST effects and blend.

Thank you for the ideas, will definitely take a look at the possibilities.