Rough Demo I'm not quite sure what to do with it

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Burg, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Burg

Burg Newbie

Hi All,

I made this track originally on nanostudio, then ported to Logic. Then a friend of mine in Australia used is as a backing track (female voice / pop melody)

This needs a lot of work to my ears, but I'm a little unsure of the direction and where to add some subtle varieties...or to trash it altogether :dunno:

So over to you. Feel free to let the hammer down with your critiques..it's a big help. - Burg

http://soundcloud.com/jfu222/trample-backing-track

3. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

I think it really depends on what vocals you will add (If you want to add vocals...)

My point is that's potentially not bad ! It's really... Pop, let's say pop FM (Not sure this term exists, but I mean the kind of pop you can hear on the radio)

You should ask your Australian friend to add her voice !

4. Burg

Burg Newbie

Yeah super poppy and 80's retro tinged for sure. You make a great point MARJU GRLYO..the smaller details, changes and polish will probably be much clearer to see/hear with a vocal track in place.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! :wink:

- Burg