Roots Untold Strings

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zombay Da Silva, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Zombay Da Silva

Zombay Da Silva Member

HI.
    Roots Untold Strings is a free library by WESTWOOD, but when I try to open it, Kontakt 7 states - "This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently!"
    Does anyone have a suggestion :/ ?

Thank you.

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

More details maybe..

Did you register the instrument in legit Kontakt with legit Native Access with the key they sent you? (search for Untold in NA).
    Are you using some kind of unlocked Kontakt? (Use the library manager it came with).
    If that doesn't work, update to a newer release of your flavour of Kontakt and go again from the top :bow:

4. Zombay Da Silva

Zombay Da Silva Member

Ooops, sorry. Non-legit Kontakt 7.8.1 Portable. Library Manager recognizes library and adds it, but when you try to open it - "This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently!" :/ .
    Library is downloaded from sister site, as I thought this would eliminate the need of Native Access.

5. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Best Answer
    7.8 might be too old, not sure. I had to update to 7.9 very recently for some library, but I don't remember if it was because of Untold String specifically. I had to update to 7.8 a week before that for another library that also wouldn't register.

6. Zombay Da Silva

Zombay Da Silva Member

Thank you! Will try with an update.

edit: Uprght Bass and Untold Strings worked with Kontakt 7.10 :))

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024