ROLI releases Equator2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by virusg, Nov 13, 2020.

1. virusg

virusg Rock Star

[​IMG]

A revolution in sound
    Equator2 is ROLI’s revolutionary MPE synthesizer, taken to the next level. Create and sculpt any sound imaginable using a vast collection of contemporary synthesis techniques, effects and modulators. Explore an extensive, diverse library of presets, as well as carefully recorded multisamples. Push the boundaries of expressive sound design with Equator2.

Explore a 6GB+ library of richly detailed samples of over 40 acoustic, electric and electronic instruments. From vintage synths, organs and pianos to orchestral strings and world instruments like the Koto, every sample makes for a powerful layering tool within Equator2’s broader multi-source architecture, as well as a wholly viable instrument in its own right.

Iconic synths
    Play with legendary and rare analog synthesizers like the Oberheim OBXa, Roland VP-330, System-100, MKS-70, SH-2 and Juno-6, ARP Solina String Ensemble, and Sequential Circuits Pro One. Multiple presets are captured from each synth, so you can explore fat basses, punchy leads, retro strings, unison stacks and more.

Baby Grand
    Equator2’s sample library is stocked with keyboards, but the jewel in the crown is the Yamaha G2 Baby Grand Piano. Sampled at London’s Pool Recording Studio with world-class microphones, this 5’ 6” piano sounds stunning in its default configuration. It also comes in Lo-Fi, Rock and Deep Room versions.

World instruments
    Equator2 takes you travelling with its groundbreaking collection of world instruments, sampled by recording musicians from Japan to India. Explore the Appalachian dulcimer, Japanese koto, Indian santoor, and Chinese yangquin, among other wind, percussion, and acoustic instruments.

Electric and acoustic instruments
    The eclectic collection extends to European and North American instruments like upright and electric pianos, Wurlitzer and Hammond organs, acoustic guitars, electric and double basses.

Classical instruments
    A suite of multisampled classical instruments includes the harp, clarinet, bassoon, flute, oboe, tuba, trombone and trumpet, plus a variety of solo and ensemble strings in sustain, pizzicato and spizzicato articulations.

Granular samples
    To get the most out of our bespoke granular engine, we've curated a set of 7 granular instruments, featuring over 250 quirky, mysterious and abstract samples that are perfect for creating huge washes of texture or crunchy, unpredictable mayhem.

Import your own samples
    Import your own samples easily to the Sampler and Granular Engines by dragging and dropping. Add multisamples in SFZ format. There’s literally no end to the sound combinations you can dream up and explore.

Create any sound
    Six fully flexible source slots let you build unique sounds, drawing on a wide range of synthesis engines. A wavetable oscillator with a library of bespoke waveforms combined with a high-resolution multi-sampler, a granular engine, FM and more to provide an infinite palette of sounds and textures.

Add expression and movement
    Equator2’s versatile modulation system — evolved from ROLI's Cypher2, Strobe2, and Equator engines — makes it easy to add modulation to any parameters. A flexible assembly of envelopes, LFOs, key-tracking sources, and macros animate patches and help you create deeply expressive sounds.

more @ https://roli.com/products/software/equator2/overview

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

as a Seaboard owner and user, I expected this to appear in my account, but no, it's separate product for purchase :snuffy:

4. Dave_Music

Dave_Music Platinum Record

I was going to buy but its Only for Windows 10 (Not Windows 7), so they lost my purchase.
    Still thinks Windows 7 is better than Windows 10.

5. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i think its a great piece of software instrument an from the demos sounds great... it's a trend not supporting older versions of windows that seems it's becoming a must for devs, in the end with a few tweaks you could make it available for others but I guess they don't have testers... i don't know if you can upgrade from cypher 2 license... saw something...

6. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

its rainin vst synths lately

7. curtified

curtified Rock Star

haha you're not lying!

8. RD1LDN

RD1LDN Ultrasonic

Original/ 1st edition Roli Equator owners or even Roli Studio owners send me a PM if you are willing to supply me the installers (Win & Mac). I do not require your serial key.

EDIT: I no longer require the Equator installer, however if anyone purchases Equator2 and would like to supply PM me with the installer :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

So they are taking the soft route... Interesting.

10. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Some of its sounds are quite interesting,