Roland VS

Discussion in 'Software' started by safran5020, Feb 17, 2018.

1. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

I have downloaded the "Happy New Year" release of R2R Roland VS instruments from sister site and wanted to try them out but I get "Expired" message and needs registration.

Nfo file doesn't say much beside it needs cloud emulator 1.1.0, The first thing I installed before trying is emulator 1.0.1 which is the only available from sister site but it doesn't do the job.

Also, what about Concerto, by default it is empty. There are few libraries out there like Tera, FLAVR, Anthology, etc... but the only file in there is a "rvr" file and no instructions. How do you add a library to Concerto, where do we need to copy the rvr file?

R2R used to have more detailed instructions in their distribution's nfo but it isn't the case since many months...

Thanks for any help you may bring !

3. Skull

Skull Producer

Always use the latest version of Roland Cloud Emulator if you want the Jv-1080 to work. if you can get them here, try a torrent website.

About the .rvr libraries, you need to set them to a specific location and then you'll see them pop up in Concerto

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. safran5020

Let's say I want to put them on a separate HDD and create a symlink, what would be that special location ?

EDIT : OK I just found a working link for 1.1, installed and all the plugins work great.

Now, where do I put the rvr files (libraries for Concerto)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  5. Skull

Skull Producer

There should be a set Concerto library.exe file.

Drag it and apply it to your destination folder where you want the RVRs to be.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. safran5020

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately the "set library" isn't in any of the r2r d/l I have.

7. Skull

Skull Producer

Misstyped, normally it's in the Concerto 3.3.1/4.0.1 setup download, you should see Concerto library Placer.exe. You can try either one of these.

Again, it's not on the sister site anymore so you'll have to look elsewhere.

8. safran5020

Thanks @Skull I got it :wink:

Oh, by the way, I have played all day long yesterday with the different synths and they are amazing.
    D-50 and JV-1080 are really great, a lot of good stuff in there.
    I don't have the privileged to own one of the original hardware so these come really handy.

I don't agree with Roland and their idea of cloud licensing but since we have the chance to have the emu, thanks to our Asian friends, why not benefit of it.:bow: