Roland VS, R2R release

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cray, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Cray

Cray Newbie

I've installed both the R2R release of Roland Cloud 1.10 and the Instrument bundle.
    I've disallowed the two pages in the host file.

However at first every synth is running flawlessly but after a reboot I get prompted with "Something went wrong loading the plugin.. Please make sure it's installed and registered properly."
    I'm running the latest version of FL. I've sorted through the plugin database, installed multiple MSVC redistribution packs etc, but I always end up with the same result after a reboot..

Any suggestions??

3. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

1- did you install the official first , cos this could be needed.
    2 what i guess the most actually is that the cloud patch is thinking the plugins are somewhere else then you placed them

4. Cray

Cray Newbie

1. Isn't needed
    2. How can I tell? I've both tried installing in default location and other folder.

5. Cray

Cray Newbie

Anyone?

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

are you on windows or osx?

7. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

They seem fine on my fully updated Win 10 in FL Studio. That is all i know ...

8. Cray

Cray Newbie

Im on Win.

The release is great, I'm starting to think that I'm the only one dealing with this problem.. But I can't figure out what the issue is; permissions/UAC or what have you.

9. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I wonder where the problem is...so I will list some locations on my Windows 10 :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't seem to have modified the permissions in "Program Files".
    That is where each plugin has a folder, BUT those folders only contain "setup.ico", unins000.dat, & "unins000.exe"

The actual program data is in ... the "ProgramData" folder (ie: ProgramData\Roland\xxx\
    In "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Roland Cloud\", just empty folders for each VST.

In "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Roland Cloud", in only the Concerto folder with ".concertoPrefs" & ".prefs", a subfolder "Breakpad" with a subfolder "...Breakpad\Dumps"
    Also there is ...\Local\Roland\PCTGVst64\ . That is empty (have no idea what it's for).

So, my "ProgramData" folder has "Full Control" for "Administrators" & "SYSTEM" & regular "Users" has only "read & execute","List folder contents" & "read".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I did find it annoying that each plugin got its own subfolder in Program files instead of within a "Roland" subfolder ( Program Files\Roland\D-50), EXCEPT "Concerto & "SOUND Canvas VA" (They installed under "Program Files\Roland VS\xxx"). No big deal - it's just clutter, but I don't like clutter.]

Well , maybe you will see some difference in where your program data got installed?

10. Cray

Cray Newbie

Big thanks @DoubleTake! I did have a problem with permissions in one of those folders.

11. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Hey Cray, glad you got i solved. For future problems like that there's a great registry file called "Take Ownership Registry File" I use for these problems all the time and it works great. Click the link below, and scroll down to 1.Take Ownership Registry File to check it out if you like: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/easily-...nt-full-control-permission-with-winownership/

12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Nice tip. There are also a couple or .reg files from Win10 Help Forums (a great place with MANY .reg files for all kinds of stuff & there is Windows 7 Help forums sister site, too) - As soon as I install Windows I run through them to clean up and set up - LOL
    For this particular one: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3841-add-take-ownership-context-menu-windows-10-a.html