Roland TR8s and Focusrite 18i8

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Spinks D, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Spinks D

Spinks D Member

Guys.

I wonder if you can help.

I purchased the TR8s and after a couple of set up teething problems I managed to get it going and loving using it.

This was with a focusrite 2i2. However as I have a Bass station 2 and a boutique synth as well. I wanted more inputs to play with things all at once(Elektron Digitone on the horizon)

So off Ebay I purchased a Focusrite 18i8.
    Stupidly I expected to plug in and go. Not the case. I needed the focusrite Control software. So I downloaded and had things set up.

The problem seems to be with Direct monitoring and this bloody echo of double sounds which puts out recording audio.

There's a switch on the 2i2 and not on the 18i8. So doing homework I've muted the inputs for hardware on the focusrite control. This seemed to work and was cool. Turn P.C on a day or two later and it isnt working. Still getting the sounds of the TR8s. Even when I've muted the external instrument track on ableton.

I use input 1,2 for tr8s and 3 for Bass Station in 18i8. I can help but feel it's a simple fix that I'm missing. Maybe connected to the inputs and outputs set up in Ableton itself.

Any ideas?

Regards