Roland TR8 + Ableton (Latency problems)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Nicky, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Nicky

Nicky Newbie

Hi everyone, after countless tutorials, tests, latency compensation settings etc etc, also try here :)

I recently purchased the Roland TR8 and System-1.
    I need that everything is synchronized well with Ableton, but that 'does not happen.

Premise, I have a Apogee Duet Duo (without midi inputs), an iMac i7 quad 12 DD3.
    Work at 48khz - Buffer 256 - Combined Device Mac (Apogee + Tr8 + System 1)

The working mode is
    1) Track Midi Drumrack TR8 (with appropriate plug Max Tr8) - For pattern Midi
    2) Track Group (IN audio from Tr8 ) - To record the various divided instruments (send)
    3) Pre-Master track

Obviously my Template also has other tracks dedicated to tools, bus etc.

Now, the problem is the same, despite evidence of clearing tests etc. the delay is always present. O recording Midi (from tr8 to midi track) or audio (midi rack Tr8 and tr8 to Trace Multi instrument), and are often the clips or inaccuracies in recording the end, in spite of setting buffer problems we do not are.

This problem does not give me how to work making the most of everything, in fact.
    There must be a solution? Is there someone who can give me some advice about this?
    I also ask, if I bought an external MIDI patch (midi-usb) the problem could be solved?

How the hell do I resolve as Roland unresponsive and not as a support?
    Thank you

[​IMG] [​IMG][/url] free image hosting[/IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  3. statik

statik Audiosexual

think you're gonna have to play around with the buffer a bit more, i've read about more people having this problem and solution is almost always in the buffers.

i think the reason why roland isnt responsive to your problem is because they probably dont give support for using it in an aggregated device, the setting for this are to much depended on your own system