Roland TR-8 Ableton sync

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Ztriumph, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

Having an issue getting this all synced up in ableton, thinking it may be my interface as its only 2in 2out and the TR-8 is 14 in, so i would need at least 14 out? Anyone else have the Tr-8 that could help me out?

3. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

I'm on Mac

4. angie

angie Producer

Hi I don't own a TR8 but your question is not clear.. especially the 14 in you are talking about. It receives midi clock and needs an usb driver... take a look at the docs on the roland site, especially Midi implementation cart.. it seems all simple and neat (Roland style)! :grooves:

5. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

Sorry I should be more clear, the tr-8 syncs up via midi and in preferences. The sequencer starts when I press the space button on my keyboard. I just can't get any audio back and am unsure of the routing

6. freerider197

freerider197 Noisemaker

i think that the audio signal go through the usb cable, in Live try open a Audio channel >I/O settings >Audio from - TR8