Roland releases Galaxias

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aymat, Nov 15, 2023.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Roland has released Galaxias, their new software-based musical instrument, exclusively on Roland Cloud.

Galaxias operates both as a standalone application for macOS and Windows and as a VST3 and AU plugin for DAW music production. It grants access to Roland Cloud's library, featuring over 20,000 sounds from instruments like the Jupiter-8, TR-808, and D-50, along with modern creations such as Zenology and System-8.

This software enables users to layer up to four instruments, creating more complex patches known as 'Scenes'. Each layer has individual settings for key range, transpose, MIDI input, and a dedicated arpeggiator. Galaxias' learn and drag functionality aims to simplify the creation of more intricate sounds. It also boasts macro controls that can manipulate up to 128 parameters, either through internal LFOs or an external MIDI controller. Additionally, Galaxias is equipped for live performances with its 'Setlists' feature, ensuring gapless transitions.

Galaxias also provides two insert effects per layer and two global send effects. Users can also route layers to external processing destinations. Roland claims the interface is intuitively designed for rapid creativity, offering an immersive full-screen view for focused editing.

As part of Roland Cloud Ultimate membership, Roland has stated that Galaxias will see continual evolution with regular updates adding new sounds and features. A 30-day free Ultimate trial is available, providing full access to Galaxias and the entire range of Roland Cloud offerings.

Roland Galaxias is now available through Roland Cloud Ultimate membership, priced at $199 annually or $19.99 monthly.

More info:
    https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_galaxias/

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Try GALAXIAS for free with a Roland Cloud 30-day trial membership.

Please bless us with a proper demo R2R

4. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

Arturia Analog Lab: 6500 sounds, 3 GB download (not installed)
    Roland Galaxias: 20.000+ sounds, 9+ GB, maybe even 10 GB.
    Not that it's a lot of GB, just doing some dodgy math - but it sure as hell will be a lot of files on your hd xD
    But Roland VST are pretty small, maybe that will reflect on that install, I suspect it will.

Yeah I wish software devs were better at sticking all those tens of thousands of files into single archive files, but what can you do..

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  5. trz303

trz303 Producer

Something like Arturia's Analog Lab but for Roland VSTs ... mmh .. not impressive if you already have the VSTs ...

6. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

Perhaps an Idea in search of a Problem? Its not like we lack sufficient electronic and computer instruments to create music with.
    I love Roland gear and own more than I should probably, but the whole cloud idea has never appealed to me. I don't want to have to get on the internet to make music, most of the time I make music to get away from the internet....