Roland JD-08 VS Roland Cloud JD-800

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by Xeraser, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Just saw the JD-08 and I'm not gonna lie, they got me. That's fucking cute. Then I saw that they released a JD-800 VST as well. Knowing just how fucking garbage (excuse my language) the previous non-PLUG-OUT releases have been and how scummy Roland is when it comes to VSTs of their classic ROM-based synths: which one would you get and why? I haven't looked into the JD-08 too much but surely there's a catch with this one just like all the other Boutique synths, right? And what about the VST? is it using the XV-5080 waveforms and og Fantom effects again?

I'd kinda like the 08 (I am NOT installing Keyscapes for that Crystal Rhodes) but if the VST is actually good (big fucking if there) I'll just stick with that one.

I'm definitely not gonna waste my money on the real overpriced JDs, not after a certain odious individual who's stuck in the past made them sound like the second coming of Christ and just won't stop mentioning them whenever and wherever there's a synth-related discussion.

.. or I could just get the Fantom-XR I'm lusting after lol.

3. Vir Cotto

Vir Cotto Kapellmeister

I got a Jupiter XM and now i have The JD-800 and the Vocal Designer build in that Dream Synth. (For me the better option instead buying a JD-08)

4. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

Crystal Rhodes is my favorite sound in Keyscape lol most of the time thats the only reason i used it

5. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Yeah that's what I'd use it for. But I don't wanna keep it on my ssd just for that lol.