Roland cloud synths are immense CPU hogs! Do you agree?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Caldera, Jun 24, 2017.

1. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Sorry to be abit offtopic but..
    Everytime an update of the Roland plugins gets installed, i have to re-license the plugins again, filling in my Roland Cloud credentials in the plugins.
    This is utterly cumbersome b*llshit.
    Especially cause Roland Cloud manager is constantly actively running in the background,
    then why constantly having to re-license ?!

Am i the only one or do you experience this also ?

I am on OSX 10.12.6
    Running latest version of Roland Cloud manager and the latest versions of the Roland plugins.

2. Riot7

Riot7 Platinum Record

Arturia GUI's suck too.

How about you redesign stuff so that everything is easily readable even from a little further away and quick and pleasant to use with a mouse. Just copying the look and the layout of the original synths doesn't make any sense if you're aiming your products at professional or otherwise serious musicians.

3. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

mmm at least if you resize the Arturia stuff , it doesn't rescale a low res gui, but replaces it with a higher res gui for every scaling.

4. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I guess I've only rly used teh D50, and I expected that the other cloud synths would be same bare CPU use. The interface & browser rly were a PITA, though, shame the sounds are so nice =( Which are the other ones that are worth tryn, btw? I kinda thought that they were romplers for some reason, hence not bothering w/ them so far?