ROLAND CLOUD D50

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moogerfooger, Jun 20, 2017.

1. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

I know what you mean, but at least he can play guitar relatively well, which is not the case of our plugins an sample packs' generation...

The problem is, in those days, RIGHT hands would never have been able to emerge outside an ocean of crap made with the technology we have now. Can you Imagine Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon made with Sylenth1 or Nexus?
    Take a band like Archive... are they so successful and famous? Can we call them "the new Pink Floyd", despite the fact their music is very good and so similar?
    My point is: In those good old days, the amount of money which had to be invested to produce a masterpiece like Dark Side of the Moon was so enormous that this amount has operated like a "filter" that only the very best talents were able to pass through. Reason why, despite (or because) our technology, we don't see and would never see another Pink Floyd anymore...
    Please, name only one exceptional and famous actual real band/musician in the same vein as Pink Floyd, Supertramp, TOTO or ELO who's using soft synths - even Daft Punk dropped them.

And, pleeeease, watch the documentary. You will not regret it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Well it's past normal business hours EST... wonder if they are dropping it or not today..

3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Spoke to management a few seconds ago. They are updating the site as I write this update. SO...

[​IMG]

4. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

And we have lift off!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 11.22.36 PM.png I can also confirm all Plug-outs now function at 96k (Juno,Jupiter,D50 ect ect). & we now have a proper browser with the ability to save patches!! I need to get this stuff to @Horsemen ASAP!!!

6. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I still can't find it on their site. Currently Tuesday 11:35PM EST as we speak. USA Eastern Time (Boston). Only thing new I noticed is an essentials section with the new download manager. Perhaps tomorrow?
    Edit: Nevermind. The objective is to download the roland cloud manager located in the "essentials" section. Install it, login thru the app, and then download your desired products.
    Yes, Tera Guitar has finally landed. I will demo these tomorrow morning and let everyone know the sound quality. That is, if it isn't on AudioZ before then. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  7. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Jeremy Soule... Sorry, but I'm on my phone and can't edit my private info out of the message... anyrate, it's already out so there's your proof. Now eat the pudding

8. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

so i was 100% right it is not a plug out just a plugin,

9. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

So finally people got their official D-50 and the "Eric drama" is over. Phew!

96k is very nice. Patch saving browser is a miracle. How is the CPU load?

10. nobodyspecial

the load is the same for all the previous plugins, maybe a bit less, but the d50 barely use load so that is good.
    I can tell you its sounds perfect compared to my real one, only I wrote them to add. sysex import of the original d50

11. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

My ears don't lie unlike the Roland marketing department who's hype is perpetuated by those eager to believe.
    Roland cloud synths are nothing but a poor sounding emulation with an inadequate user interface.
    They sure as hell don't sound like any Roland Synths I've played....imho....
    I wanted so badly to believe, but I had to be honest to myself in the end....
    As for the D50 - it's beauty will never be truly emulated....
    and for those in doubt, just play a real roland and you'll instantly know the secret sauce is real and alive

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. nobodyspecial

bullshit :D I have both D50 as Jupiter 8. and they are very close

19403401_10211249402603457_479567383_o.jpg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List

Attached Files:

13. nobodyspecial

d50. Jupiter in pic above

Attached Files:

• d50.jpg
      d50.jpg
      File size:
      104.3 KB
      Views:
  14. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

nah, I'm not interested in D-50, I was asking if CPU load in new versions of Jup-8 and Juno was reduced.

15. nobodyspecial

and ...... I answered you previous plugins such as Jupiter 8 and Juno have still the heavy load, it helps to put the voices in options to 4 or lower .

16. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

still as heavy as before? ffs, just when exactly they're gonna find it convenient enough to address it, I wonder.

17. nobodyspecial

they have put an explanation out for this in the faQs
    Why are the LEGENDARY series synthesizers so intensive on my CPU?
    Powering the Legendary series is Roland’s critically-acclaimed Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) modeling technology. It's the same engine as is found in the popular AIRA family of hardware synths. As ACB is doing component-level modeling of original analog instruments, it simply is very demanding.
    If the requirements of our ACB-powered synths are creating challenges for you, you may consider rendering, bouncing to audio or freezing completed tracks or sections as audio, following by archiving the software instrument midi track. You may want to remove the plug-in to reduce CPU load.

18. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I call bullshit on the "it will never sound like a real Roland" argument. I have a roland Integra-7 (basically Roland's entire catalog of sounds), a Roland Jupiter 80 (yes, 80), a Jupiter 8, a JX-10P, a D-50 and a JX-3P. These sounds are pretty much spot on. Sorry they don't sound like Spire or Serum. These are analog synths that have been around long before EDM button-pressing Maschine kids were a thing. These were from back in the day when people actually knew how to use them, without using pre-made loops of it, slapping them together and then running around obnoxiously saying "I'm a god among all musicians!! Listen to my garageband loop song and let the annoying out of tune arbitrariness consume you!!" I get it, I used to make songs out of loops like that about 11 years ago but I didn't call myself a "musician" for it.
    These roland cloud synths are the best emulations yet, if you ask me. And I know my sounds.
    CPU load, not bad. Paired up with my Universal Audio UAD2 plugins, these synths come to life in my ears. I'm so happy for the Roland Cloud synths. This is my new favorite thing right now :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Hamudi2000

Hamudi2000 Ultrasonic

Couldn't agree more, the Roland cloud and 'The Legend' Minimoog clone are both spot on.

20. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

I'm not fooling myself

why would "Roland" develop state of the art emulations, but they blew their budget on the user interface??? Hmmmm?

They think you deserve state of the art sound but not state of the art graphics and usability?????????

Shame on Roland

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List