ROLAND CLOUD D50

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moogerfooger, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Confirmed from Roland management. Later today Roland will be releasing the Plugout version of the D50. I assume an update to the Jupiter & Juno plugins will also come with the 4.3 update... not a bad way to start off my birthday... stay tuned fellas.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Indeed. And I wish you a very happy birthday!

4. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

What was the point of the cloud sampled version then? It does sound great though.

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Dont know. But nevertheless I'm sure the Plugout version will be the nail in the coffin for it. I'm super excited!!! Just imagine the jaws drop if we could time travel back to 1987 and tell producers we have thier entire synth collection all in this 9x14x1" computer. Oh ya and the Synclavier that took up half a room too!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Wow, best news I heard today. :)

7. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

Just imagine how good music would have been back then if they had the modern synths we have. Just imagine if we also showed 80's people that we could put the whole of Blockbusters and HMV on the same laptop but in HD! We are very, very lucky to have access to all this technology nowadays and a lot of it is so cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Have a Snappy Mirthday, Moogerbrüder!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

Rick Wakeman of around ~1990 is interested

[​IMG]

But if you drag that monstrosity to a gig in the year of 2017 and play those patches from 1987 again, I'll throw you a big, red, juicy tomato! Moog, ARP, Oberheim and SCI get their reissues all the time, but be sure D-50 will never get one. Long time since it's an obsolete, irrelevant synth with a horrible digital LA synthesis. Give it a rest already! It's all about your 80's nostalgia when you were still young freshmen dating young chicks, not D-50!

And BTW, those samples from Anthology 1987 are probably Eric's banned Binary Music samples from 2014, I suspect. Not Roland's. Roland just bought them, had to sell them, so they did a repackaging for the native release.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  10. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

i wonder how this could be a plug out ? the sample rom inside a d50 will not work in a system 8 i believe, it hasn't that kind of rom capacity ... i could be wrong. but it doesn't look the right synth for this kind of controllers

11. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Dont know. But nevertheless I'm sure the Plugout version will be the nail in the coffin for it. I'm super excited!!! Just imagine the jaws drop if we could time travel back to 1987 and tell producers we have thier entire synth collection all in this 9x14x1" computer. Oh ya and the Synclavier that took up half a room too!!
    Not a fan Eric "Big Boy" Persing... Old sounds can find new ways of being used in modern production. I don't think many will use the "Fantasia" patch like it was used back in '87. Just like people don't use Moogs the way they did back in '75. Even if somebody does use a stock patch, it's about options. Nostalgia or not..

12. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Have you opened up a System 8? I know there are several slots that aren't occupied on the main board. Maybe they will have a hardware upgrade. Or - more likely - the current configuration has enough DSP to cover the sampling option.

13. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

I'm sure it sounds good but Roland is compeletly living in the past as is most of music.

14. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

Sorry, but to me nothing could be more wrong.

"Today, thanks to technology, everybody’s a photographer, everybody’s a filmmaker, everybody’s a writer, everybody’s a musician... It's software... so now any kid can use a cracked version or buy a version of (product name here) and in about 5 minutes do what took 6 months or years 20 years ago... But if everybody is a musician and everybody is making mediocre music, eventually the world is covered with mediocrity... and people start to become comfortable with mediocrity” - Moby, in "PressPausePlay" documentary (watch it, it's so instructive).

15. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

That's why I said, imagine how good music would have been back then in the RIGHT hands. Lots of creativity back then compared to now imo. We have the tech but its not being fully utilized.

16. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

source from your statement please

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

i still don't see how the present controller would do good on the D50, which i have originally , turn knobs without the menu will not make it programmable

18. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

has a point here, though it sounds a bit bold and entitled coming from a man far from a prodigy himself.

19. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Some wait for a D50 reissue, others just use their blofelds with sample option and D50 pcm waves :wink:

20. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Well shit, happy birthday, bro! :mates:

21. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I hope the tera guitar comes with it. Was announced almost 2 months ago.