Rock/Metal Mixing Advice On Guitars

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by JWVLL, Jun 7, 2023.

1. JWVLL

JWVLL Member

@modernistmixing
    Thanks for the advice, though, I already know and do most of this anyway, but the couple of things that you mentioned that I've never heard of I'll give a try.

2. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

MrLyannMusic posted a song which had two floor-toms (panned differently, left and right) as a "kick drum". One can't play that with the hands while playing the rest of the kit[unless you have four arms], which made the track feel unnatural. I would rather have just a (centered) kickdrum as kickdrum. That was my point.

I only did further mastering on MrLyannMusic's mix, as I thought it missed some yummy low-end and weight (and some other minor things).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  3. JWVLL

JWVLL Member

@Baxter
    Oh, my bad I didn't realize that was a response to their post, I completely missed that.

4. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

No worries. Happens to all of us I guess. :like:

5. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

I just heard this new mix, night and day great job dude ! It sounds massive now !