RMS Level in fruity loops questions

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Kefka4Life, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Kefka4Life

Kefka4Life Newbie

1) What should the RMS be on the master for dance/edm? Izotope says -8 for dance but forums say to be competitive -5 or -6 works.

2) I use fruity loops and also own logic x. I notice in FL 12 there is no RMS or number for each individual track. Should I be worried about this while mixing, or just worry about mixing by ear and levels and adjust during the mastering phase. What I mean is should I be trying to match each track to -8 RMS or it doesent really matter until the mastering phase or final product so to speak.

I know I'm new around here and ask stupid questions, sorry for any time I've wasted out of your day.

3. Kefka4Life

Kefka4Life Newbie

Here's one more question, sorry again. After analyzing my M/S I notice the RMS is -14 as opposed to whole track which is -8. Am I supposed to boost the M/S to -8 as well or how do most producers handle this? Is the M/S more tricky or sensitive to being pressed hard?