RIP Sean Connery

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by mrpsanter, Oct 31, 2020.

1. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

IMHO the best James Bond actor and I liked him in his other movies even more.

May you rest in peace, Sir Thomas Sean Connery.

:sad:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  2. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Well...

First off, he was a fantastic actor and will be missed for his body of work, though...

He wasn't ever talking about slapping a guy who disagreed with him but rather woman who he generalized as being genetically bothersome if he couldn't get in the last word. There hasn't been a peep out of any woman reporting being slapped by him so logic dictates that his loving wife of 45 years was slapped if she tried that which Connery spoke about, and either enjoyed the abuse (whatever floats your boat) or was afraid to step over his line in the sand and self censored for whatever personal reason. His words were both honest and horrific. I guess that he was easily threatened by "the weaker sex". There is always the option to walk away instead of stiking out in anger unless life or limb is in danger.

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Very well put, Lois Lane. I was not defending him personally, more like trying to explain what and how, and why it happens sometimes, probably to all, or at least most of us. Especially if you tend to change partners every couple of years in search of the right one. I think I pretty much figured out why he used to do it, because it happened to me, too. Especially when one is a drinker... :/, or insecure, or a depressive, or bipolar... [I kinda suffer from a bit of everything :(] we're all different, but also the same at the same time. Oh, I better get me coat... [an attempt of a smile here] He really made every film he was in better. One of his most memorable roles to me is his role in "Entrapment", and "Indiana Jones'" films wouldn't be the same without him.

Cheers! To Sean Connery.

4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Like many great artists, in some way he had a dark side. Makes me feel conflicted sometimes. My dad taught me that no real man hits a woman.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Pretty much the same here. I didn't actually see his Bond movies, but his movies starting from the middle 80s were cool as heck. Almost always as the second main character and almost always eating the main one when it comes to charisma and presence.

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I apologize if it seemed I was coming at you. I was thinking out loud without a filter as its at the shop getting a thorough rebuild. It should be back any day now.

7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Indeed.
    In my experience, it's more the women who slap a man in the face *. Men are usually more aware of the fact that where they slap an echo will come, so they tend to practice renunciation. Women often still think that there is no hitting back.
    But that is not always the case. Everyone, men and women, should teke care of what they do.

(*If movies are halfway a reflection of reality, think about how many scenes you've seen in which a woman slaps a man in the face, and how often it was the other way around).

P.S.: This is obviously an old video. Lets say - 30 years - ago, for example, it was quite common to give your children a pat now and then. Just as this is now frowned upon, it is no longer accepted to slap a person.
    So if Sean Connery had been asked for his opinion on Saturday, he would probably have answered differently. Things change over time.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

That's good, and this one's even better: no real person hits somebody way weaker than him/her when it comes to hit back.

Be it men to women, men to children, women to children, men to grandpas, or just men to much weaker men.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

10. doctorG

doctorG Kapellmeister