RIP : John Prine - (wonderful writer/player)

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by 0on3, Apr 8, 2020.

1. 0on3

0on3 Pending Deletion

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Was never a fan, really, not my thing- but I know how important and respected he was and what a giant loss to American music this is. Very sad. RIP John. These last couple years have been tough and it's not going to let up for we oldsters, all our heroes are in that age bracket now.

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

He was old and not well for many years, but even so he wrote one of his best albums, his last and which was a happy look back on a life filled with music and the people in his life that helped him smile. He played the same Martin D-28 pretty much his entire career and both man and instrument were pretty much one and the same and interchangeable in the context of his career. This is the last song on his last album and is a perfectly apropos tune in the context of his current situation.

RIP John Prine

5. doctorG

doctorG Kapellmeister

R.I.P. What a wonderful talent from a generation filled with talented people...He stuck out wit his own wit and style
    We are ALL in the midst of a thinnin of the herd as the Greats of our generation fall....sad but true
    Hug the one's you're still with !!

6. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

RIP, sad but inevitable the majority of our best musicians from the greatest era in musical creativity are well into their late 60's, 70's and even more, and severe health issues come with age. I've lost almost every single band mate that I've played with during my long life, many were much younger than myself, eventually It'll be my turn to join them in the ultimate jam session. (This pandemic is infinitely more serious than they tell you in the media)