RIP Jacque Fresco

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by Exidus, May 20, 2017.

1. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

An Open Letter from Roxanne Meadows

in_honor_of_jacque_fresco-300x277.jpg
    In Honor of Jacque Fresco (March 13, 1916 - May 18, 2017)​

I have received so many letters over the years saying how much people have been inspired by Jacque Fresco. He helped them better understand what was going on in the world, but most of all they expressed that he has given them hope by presenting an alternative society we can work towards to overcome the disastrous conditions we face as a species. Therefore, it is very difficult to let you know that Jacque died peacefully on the morning of May 18, 2017 at 101 years of age. There were many close friends with him the last few days of his life.

Jacque was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Syndrome in recent years and this made his directorship and participation with The Venus Project more difficult. During this time I became a full-time caregiver while furthering the work we have done together for the last forty-one years. As the tour seminars became harder for Jacque, I predominately carried them and will continue to do so. As co-founder of The Venus Project, I will now devote more of my time and energy to carrying it forward as Jacque and I have always planned. Many others want to help bring this work into fruition and there is a very dedicated group of people who are doing just that.

The Venus Project will go on towards our aims and proposals and as Jacque and I always say, “If you want a better world you have to work towards it. If you do nothing, nothing will happen.” As I see it, we are fortunate to have the lifetime of Jacque Fresco’s work to provide a comprehensive direction to move towards; something our world is lacking and desperately needs. So, as always, we need your participation to make it happen. There is lots of work to do! Contact [email protected].

In Extensionality,
    Roxanne Meadows

I am really sad about this, folks.. For me, he was one of the greatest thinkers of our time.
    RIP Mr. Fresco!

PS: I hope this is not too much off-topic for the forum

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

RIP

His ideas were like music... abstract in todays world, but so good that they sounded like a ferry tale.
    I`d like to live in a world that reflect his visions; at least to try if humans could cope with common sense, or they really need a chaos like it is today, to function...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. mudworm43

mudworm43 Guest

There goes another great soul with an incredible mind.
    Changed and shaped the minds of millions of people of all ages.
    RIP Mr. Fresco, you've damn earned it

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. notremid

notremid Producer

RIP good sir.

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

That's really sad news. :(
    He will be remembered as a great visionary that he was and his brilliant ideas will live forever. I don't believe humans will ever be able to completely grasp them, but hopefully at least some of them will see the light of the day some great day.
    R.I.P. Mr. Fresco.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

RIP and thank you Mr. Fresco

8. cruzall

cruzall Member

It rarely excites me to come across a person, or a set of ideas, that revives my sense of purpose as much as when I first encountered Jacques and TVP. His spirit will live on in his vital initial groundwork towards a truly peaceful future. RIP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Man with very sharp mind. Sadly his visions was far ahead of our time. When was in visit in our country, most audience was young. But who should really listen him was more or less not there. The grown people, people with power! R.I.P.

10. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

101 is a nice age to die , RIP.

11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

And even nicer it was, when he, as a nearly 100 years old, spoke so eloquently that it was interesting to listen to him. Great man.