RIP Howard Alexander Dumble

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by Deceptive, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

In an official announcement earlier this morning, it has been confirmed that Howard Alexander Dumble, creator of the mythical Dumble amplifiers, has passed away. The legendary guitar amp designer leaves a legacy of some of the most sought-after amp tones ever.

Howard-Alexander-Dumble-770x425.jpg

The news was confirmed earlier today, 18 January, on the Dumble Amps Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/dumbleamps/

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

HOWARD ALEXANDER DUMBLE PASSED AWAY
    By Editors guitar on January 18, 2022

As announced a few hours ago via the Dumble Amps Instagram account, legendary amp builder Howard Alexander Dumble passed away on January 18, 2022.

Among his most famous amp modification clients in the 1980s were Stevie Ray Vaughan and Robben Ford. The latter is said to have been the impetus for what is probably Dumble's most legendary model: the Overdrive Special. β€œHe once told me that he got the spark for the Overdrive Special because he once heard me play over a '60s Fender Bassman and cab. This will make me proud forever. I'm happy to call Howard a close friend. He was family,” explains Robben Ford.

For Carlos Santana, Dumble was the end of a long quest for tonal amps. "I have a relationship with Mr. Alexander Dumble. My search is over because I found everything [in terms of sound],” Santana told guitar in a recent interview.

Farewell & rock in peace Mr. Dumble!

History Of Dumble Amplifiers - Part One

Who is Howard Alexander Dumble? | Truth Bypassed Guitar Pedals Stories and Conspiracy Theories

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Odious Blot

Odious Blot Member

Sad news, amazing amps!

5. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

RIP :(

Even though I probably will never be able to play one of his amps, the legend surrounding them and the music that has been recorded with them makes the amps a huge influence for me. I can at least dream about playing a Overdrive Special some day :guitarhero: