RIP Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries)

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by Exidus, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies in a London hotel aged 46
    • Singer is said to have died suddenly in a London hotel today aged 46
    • Her publicist said her family are 'devastated' by the shock news
    • She became famous fronting the band The Cranberries who had hits in the 90s
    By Richard Spillett for MailOnline

PUBLISHED: 17:08 GMT, 15 January 2018 | UPDATED: 17:33 GMT, 15 January 2018

[​IMG]

The Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan has died suddenly at a hotel aged 46, her publicist has confirmed.

The Irish rock star, who has recently been performing with a band called D.A.R.K, was staying in London while recording.

Her publicist did not comment on how she died, other than it say it was 'sudden' and that her family are 'devastated'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ORiordan-dies-London-hotel.html#ixzz54HAktIfV

Source: DailyMail

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  3. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

I wonder how she died but on a second thought, it doesn't matter how she died. It matters how she lived.
    Rest in peace Dolores.

4. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

Jesus Christ.... 2018 is beginning with very sad news and lost. Gone too soon for sure. She inspired a whole new geneation that she really inspired. Woooow so young, proof that we must make the BEST of every day that goes.

Vade In Pace @Dolores O'Riordan. You will be missed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Rock in peace Dolores. Zombie is one of my favorite songs. :sad:

6. DJK

DJK Rock Star

shame, gr8 band always loved them R.I.P lets hope its not another year where we lose musicians

7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

love this woman ! R.I.P to such a fine Talent ! >>> you will be missed....

8. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

:sad::sad::sad::sad: Nothing to say.

9. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Damn, i didn't expect that. She looked happy and healthy just recently, how in the hell did she die?

10. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I'm very sad to hear the news. RIP Dolores. Love<3

damn.

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

so cool.. so original..., thanks for bringing us some fresh and lovely songs... what a drag, too soon.. too soon.. :(

+1 for Zombie @Ankit

won't be forgetting this amazing voice any time soon.... wish she could have lingered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Her unique registry voice will never be forgotten.

13. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

A shocking news indeed
    She died at such young age
    RIP Dolores

14. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

15. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

I am so absolutely devastated by this...I sat in front of my radio trying to record Zombie on a cassette when I was six years old for days...and had to try over and over again as those idiots talked over the music...but I finally got it and I listened to it at least daily. I loved this song. I still love it. It's one of those songs that sits on the roots of my own creativity. I like the other stuff too but this one piece is cemented in my musical DNA...(and still the only proper cover I ever made)...this is so horribly sad...

RIP

16. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

17. Impressive

Impressive Guest

One of my favorite bands as a kid. Shocking. I was just listening to them the other day. One of my biggest influences as a songwriter.
    This song has always been one of my favorites:

I found out about them when I was just a little boy (aged 5) singing "Linger" one night and my dad later approached me and said "Hey remember that song you were singing earlier "do you have to let it linger..." and I said "Yeah?" and he said "You like the cranberries?" and me being a little kid I thought "no but I like strawberries" and he said "No, that's the name of the band that does that song - The Cranberries" and I said "Oh she has a pretty voice!" and he said "Yeah I have that CD if you wanna listen to it. I know music calms you down when you're nervous". When I was 7 I used to listen to that CD when I was taking my anxiety breaks (I had accommodations where if I was about to have an anxiety attack I could exit the classroom, go to a quieter room and put some headphones & tune out to *appropriate* music on and calm down). I loved her voice because it was so soothing and really chilled me out when nothing else could. Of course, the music entirely was amazing, not just her voice. They were my first favorite band. Them and Matchbox 20 (also calmed me down a lot).
    On the way to my first Job in the summer of 2008 (just 15 years old, I was nervous as fuck) I was listening to the Cranberries album "Bury The Hatchet" on my iPod for the first time in a couple of years. Once again, really calmed me down and helped me walk into my first day of work with a positive attitude.
    That being said, thanks for saving me from about a hundred million anxiety attacks, Dolores. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. Suaimhneas síoraí dá hanam uasal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2018
  19. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Not really confirmed but i read she was bipolar and was suffering from depression lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out she took her own life. Whatever the case, her released body of work contains some of modern day's classics, great songwriting and a unique personal style which influenced many succeeding artists.
    May she rest in peace.