RIP Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by tulamide, May 18, 2017.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Marley cover. Like only he can do

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

The western society is fucked. That's all. Just compare the number of suicides across the world. Why is that? You should know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. 30hz

30hz Producer

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

SineWave just what the hell are you talking about? what Western society? USA? I see Russia number 14-15, US number 48-50 in these suicide lists. And countries above Russia have nothing to do with the West or Western society. To the contrary, most of them are ex-commie, ex-Soviet. check your facts. fuck, you almost have the entire ex-USSR in top 50.

you always say some kind of stupid shit, ever since bitching about fancy GUI-s in almost every thread. stay quiet.

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I honestly don't believe he wrote the last four lines, no. He definitely didn't write CAPT Larry Khan. Remember that 'Bitch with Zits' hate letter found in Kurt's wallet? In 2014 Love admitted to writing that.

Abstaining then using heroin has dramatic effects. More so than using consistently, like long-term users do. Add that to paranoia because your wife is trying to kill you.

From what I understand, Courtney threatened to take sole custody and wouldn't allow him to see Frances Bean unless he got clean. Hypocritical ploy to get him out of the house as she was consistently using herself.This I learned from people who partied with them.

Agreed, brother.

Again, don't want to derail the thread but you asked what motive someone besides Love would have to kill Kurt. It's the infernal dollar, man. That was Courtney's motive too. Then there's the CAPT Larry Khan notation, which just spells more money for everyone involved.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

8. mudworm43

mudworm43 Guest

Sadly but likely (I'm just guessing here), he might've suffered from severe depression induced by the years of not being able to fight off his addictions and probably tired of life itself in general and who knows what else might've been involved
    People who suffer from depression in any severe form often just let go of any hope and refuse to fight it because they've been so consumed by it that it literally alters their sense of reason and they truly believe that there is no way out, so they accept it and learn to live with it, have an already rehearsed 'act' with other people or in his case, his audience, most of them are even ashamed of their depression and seeking any help, even confiding in their closest family members on the argument (in their head) that they don't want to burden them, and it just slowly eats them from inside
    It's a really dangerous and poisonous state that simply destroys a person, unfortunately seen it many times and wouldn't be surprised at all if Chris really did suffer from it, for years possibly
    Anyway, a sad, sad way to go, I'm just hoping that his family will pull through it, especially his kids

9. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

This is what Amy Lee (Evanescence) had to say 14 hours ago on her FB. I thought I'd share it here:

Chris Cornell was one of my favorite vocalists of all time. ‪When we were recording Fallen, I would sit in the car in the studio parking lot every morning before going in and warm up my voice to‬ 'Fell on Black Days.' I loved how deeply soulful he was- it was such a beautiful and unique combination between his bluesy soulful wailing and the dark, heavy music. It was so much cooler than just screaming, which would have been the more obvious match to the music. That's what made it special. They changed what metal was to me. Expanded the boundaries...
    There have been way too many tragic, early deaths in the music industry lately. Why are we so lost? Cornell moved and inspired so many people. SO many...

For now my thoughts are here: No one is immortal. Everyone feels the pain. No one has a perfect life. We have to remember our fragility- that of the people we love, look up to, even our enemies. You never know what people are really going through on the inside, so we must take extreme care. And love the best we can, while there's still time.
    "I'm only faking when I get it right..." Oh, how I've always related to that line. Knowing you felt that way made me stronger.
    Farewell to another hero. Thank you for sharing your heart, your search light soul with us.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  10. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

so, it seems Cornell hanged himself.
    no matter if he was rich talented and famous along with a wife and three kids, he had it all and yet he decided to end it like that.

we should ask ourselves, what's wrong with Rock music, why so many rockers opt for suicide or drug overdose ? this is not happening so often in other musical genres.

11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

It's not just about these hazards. It's about real musicians feeling too much, too intense. It's immanent, so that they are endangered more than average people.

12. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Many things man, but mostly drug abuse. There's nothing worse than being addicted to extremely destructive substances. It messes up with your whole body chemistry, with your psychological state and fucks up your social life...Rock'n'roll and drugs are inseparable partners.

Rock is by far the most intense music genre. People need to live on the edge of everything if they want to make genuinely honest and soulful rock music...It's some kind of ultimate sacrifice for the sake of art. It's not by chance that the most intense rock albums were recorded by equally intense, broken people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

First of all lemme say that Rock is a way of life. Just like House is a feeling and HipHop the intellect of the streets. Arguably every kind of modern music is Rock music in many ways. With some current EDM Djs being the most ridiculous kind of rockstars ever to be witnessed and the most unsophisticated, uneducated kind of musicians at the same time. I find nothing wrong with Rock music or any other kind for the matter at hand. I find a lot of wrongs in many people's attitude, social behavior, inability for culture and education, and tendency to over criticize like they knew something, to name a few. Work on these angles for a better artistic society and let the aging Rockstars die the death they choose please. After all if you were a rocker (pun intended) you'd know this kind of terminal decision comes with the "territory". Not that it may have anything to do with Cornell's demise but "living in Rockland" is "live fast die young", that kind of thing.
    Cheers

14. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

@Von_Steyr i Def agree with you wen i first herd he had passed with a band around his neck i thougt a BAND? no rope? this is Def a possibility to consider... i dont think anyone will know sept the man himself \m/ could have been somone with him who left?>>>and he was a heavy drug user in the past and prolly still fighting the monkey \m/ anyone that has struggled with drug addiction in their life as i have in my past knows what it can do to your mind >>> and if you mix the drink with it just sets you up for mindless acts \m/ Ive always been a huge Cornell fan and along with the other Grunge masters who changed the scene>>> and all this come from a guy who was a Heavy Metal Head haha... Unlike all the other Heavy Metal guys that Hated the Grunge scene i Respected it as i do all Forms/Genre's of music >>> Music changes with the Times and new generations of the young people and thats what makes the world turn \m/ Rather you like him or not C.Cornell made a huge impact on the scene of Rock with his Original sound \m/ Godspeed bro @ Chris Cornell

15. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Real Talk @subGENRE >>>i know i did !!! \m/..\m/

16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I think it was the 2 ladyboys with him that discovered he didn't have enough money in the room to steal, then got pissed off
    and hoisted him up in the closet and took off ... way to go Dave !!

edit: to clarify this post does not refer to the recently deceased, it's a response to a previous
    comment about David Carridine, apologies to anyone who found it inappropriate

it's really more a comment on how living out your excesses can be a dangerous.., and deadly ,business...
    all too common for our musical and artistic heroes...

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  17. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Everything we know is wrong!!! anything is possible \m/ Cornell could have been gettin a knob polish with a band around his neck an they found him after she was gone :dunno:

18. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Lota people Thinks Dave Mustaine is a jerk but in truth he helped alot of bands that wasnt known back in the Grunge days by taking their bands on tour with him and Megadeth who was pretty well known back in the 90's \m/ I've always had alot of respect for Dave for just being straight up bout everything he does \m/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

I see a funny emoticon in a thread about the early death of a man. Can't we show more respect? It's not even 2 days that he died, and nobody among us knows what was happening. Even the autopsy isn't finished. So please, don't devour a corpse that's still bleeding. I miss dignity.

20. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

His voice, and first band, revealed a bunch of ppl afterward.
    Check his Audioslave music, too (behind on "audiosex", it will blend right in "audiosexslave") :

And those eyes...everything is already there.
    Beauty and depression...

Last edited: May 20, 2017