RIP Chester - The Legendary Linkin Park Vocalist

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by metaller, Jul 20, 2017.

1. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

3. Dee.P.Tree

Dee.P.Tree Producer

Feeling very sad...
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7873783/linkin-park-chester-bennington-suicide

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2017
  4. Dee.P.Tree

Dee.P.Tree Producer

5. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Have no words. Still shocked. Thank you for the Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Rest in Peace.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

this and Chris Cornell death is unthinkable. why do these young, successful, rich men hang themselves? drugs? but was Chester really a hopeless junkie in the way, say, Scott Weiland was? it didn't seem that way. it didn't seem he was going to hang himself to death.

but with suicide it's always like this, isn't it? no one knows until it happens.

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

So sad. Men need to unburden themselves and talk more.

8. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

I was such a huge fan throughout my teenage years.

To this day I still listen to Hybrid Theory and Meteora regularly.

I finally had the chance to see them live for the first time at Rock Werchter a few weeks ago.

Still can't believe it... RIP Chester. :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I discovered them very very late, but when you are musician and find a song like "Burn it down" you only can say one thing: thanks for make my life happier. Requiescam In Pacem.

10. BuffetFan

BuffetFan Newbie

Horrible.

11. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Wow, first Chris and now his buddy Chester! I still listen to Crawling regularly.

12. Menorah

Menorah Producer

First Chris Cornell, now Chester Bennington.

Damn 2017

13. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

all these celebrity deaths from 2016 and on are getting really suspicious. can it be the industry milks these stars to a certain point and when they run out of gas, it's "hasta la vista, baby"? now lets cash in on their deaths, the drama, put out a gazillion of "legacy" collections, get the royalties? we all know how death helps acknowledgement and appreciation of the artist and his catalogue, how it boosts interest, prices and sales. it's the same with the painters and their paintings.

I know it's quite cynical view of things, but we're not living in a perfect world exactly, do we? many of these stars are indeed the music industry puppets. I have no explanation for all of these young men's deaths. "drugs" is the easy answer, but there has to be more behind the scenes. drugs can't always be the "scapegoat" to put all the blame on.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

FFS

15. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Well, how many "normal" (read: not famous) people off themselves and just never get a headline? It's silly to think there's some kind of epidemic of loneliness, sadness, and confusion just based upon a couple rock stars killing themselves. I think it's a normal reaction to the human condition.

But, I do think there might be something to the idea that the extreme personality traits that lead one to stand out in a way that enables fame plus the burdens of always having to live up to the pressure of public scrutiny and sometimes seeing your capabilities fade and/or the potential or reality of losing your social position, money, etc. that's been acquired could skew things in that direction.

I don't doubt for one second that, like you said, the industry only cares about you until the money stops flowing, but that's the way the normal world works too. Aren't getting results? You're fired. Aren't too attractive anymore? Divorce! Too boring? Not needed as a friend, see ya!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

I was implying something more dark and criminal than a mere termination memo to an employee.

But the word "termination", as well as many other words, does have different meanings...

17. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

All speculation, of course, but I'd be inclined to think that it's less overt manipulation and criminal masterminding as opposed to taking advantage of a natural occurrence. I don't doubt for a second that most of the people that own publishing rights jump at the chance to cash in on a tragedy, even under the guise of "let's make money for the survivors." I doubt the proceeds go 100% to the intended beneficiaries even ostensibly or on paper. Plus we all know how LA/NYC accounting works and how businesses use deductions and derive their "net" profit figures in scummy ways to get out of royalties and such.

18. Elvistraceur

Elvistraceur Member

Sad day, Hybrid Theory and Meteora was such a impact in the early 00's rock scene, and opened my eyes with the mix of eletronica, hip hop and metal, sad, sad...

19. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

So tragic and clearly premeditated. He lost his best friend Chris Cornell two months ago, sang Hallelujah at Cornell's funeral, showed no signs and was even on Twitter as per normal as recently as a few hours before it happened and then takes his own life in the same way on what would have been Chris Cornell's birthday. I think he was deeply troubled and burdened by the loss of his friend and couldn't deal with it. Very sad.

20. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

Indeed he was, but to the point of making his wife a young widow and leaving as many as six of his kids fatherless? I know what a loss of a close friend means. This is not how you mourn your friend and pay a tribute of respect and memory to him. I hate to sound judgemental, but to me that's just ignorant and irresponsible.

21. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Things is, grief is not uniform and everyone deal with it in different ways. Having historically battled depression as well would make his grieving more troublesome than for many. To commit suicide for ANY reason and leave a young widow and kids behind shows a lack of a sound mind and men like this should learn to open up instead of trying to deal with whatever turmoil there is inside them that make them turn to this tragic 'solution' for them.