Rhodes releases an official software version of its MK8

Discussion in 'Software News' started by kokorico, Jan 19, 2023.

1. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

Rhodes has announced the upcoming release of a Rhodes MK8 sound bank of its own: Rhodes V8. With a total of 30,000 samples and 100 velocity layers per note, you can now access the official Rhodes sound from your computer. You get a V8 preamp emulation with drive control, EQ and a four-waveform Vari-Pan effect with frequency and amplitude controls. A window allows advanced configuration of the virtual instrument, as well as four virtual effects: a compressor, a chorus, a phaser and a delay. On the configuration page, there is per-note control over timbre, fine tuning, level and damper response. Finally, a selection of microphones and amplifiers are available, as is an Expression input to any front panel parameter via MIDI CC. The Rhodes V8 Pro goes a step further by offering the Envelope parameter from the MK8 version to create envelope-controlled filter effects, such as Auto-Wah, and to use the Vari-Pan circuitry in audio frequency modulation.

Rhodes V8 and Rhodes V8 Pro have been developed for Mac and Windows in AU, VST and AAX formats. The V8 version costs €169.95 and the Pro version €274.95. Both will be available at the end of the Missing Keys competition organized by the manufacturer, on March 1st. For more information on this competition, visit the Rhodes website.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Supposedly it has close to 100 velocity layers. Scarbee 88 EPS is the gold standard as of right now. Looking forward to see how it compares.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Rhodes V8 - A Deep Overview

The V8 and V8 Pro run on PC and Mac in VST/AU/AAX formats and are priced at $180/£150/€170 and $300/£250/€275 respectively. We suspect that there may be some grumbling about that pricing structure; it remains to be seen if the Pro version offers enough additional features to justify its $120/£100/€105 premium.

Find out more and download your demo on the Rhodes website.

5. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Rock Star

Looks nice, but one word freezes me: Wibu Codemeter.... (loaded at startup, installed mandatory with the demo off course...).

M'kay thx bye forget me thx.

Unless some witches... One day, if they feel it...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

Agreed, Scarbee has a very authentic sound/feel in the way it was produced..

Lately I got surprised by Pianoteq's take on the Rhodes too..

Ofc it's so Clean one can tell it's digital,
    but it's got a very polished/articulated sound, great timbre and amazing level of detail, it certainly caught my ear :yes: