RG, KF or some All In One? Which would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by feaster, Mar 7, 2022.

1. feaster

feaster Noisemaker

Hey all, now that UL is done for on the sister site, I was wondering which service y'all would recommend for dl? RG, Kat or another...I tried Linksnappy and it was super slow. Is there an All in One service that is more reliable? Thx in advance.

F

3. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

RG all the way, never had an issue in the past 4-6 months, downloads at full bandwidth and is my catalyst for downloading great jungle music, tv shows, videos and mac apps from brother site... people may bitch about having to pay 15 a month for this... but I can tell you I grab hundreds and hundreds of dollars of stuff for "free"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

5. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Rapidgator is by far the best. Fast, reliabe and proofed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. feaster

feaster Noisemaker

RG has two yearly services, one with unlimited storage, one with 10tb...what's the diff, why wouldn't everyone just opt for unlimited? Also, they say you can dl up to 80g files, is that a per-file limit?

Thanks.

7. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

I use Linksnappy with Jdownloader, im satisfied with it. not slow for me...

8. Blu

Blu Producer

Hi all, I'm using rapidgator since years but I recently upgraded my connection from a slow DSL to a fiber connection and I have a question. Using JDownloader the max speed (downloading right now a 100+ links file) I get is 800Mb/s. This is allowing JD to have 20 simultaneous downloads and 20 chunks per download. My connection should allow for over 2Gb/s (tested multiple times at 2300/2400 Mb/s). Can someone help me to understand why my speed seems capped? Is there anyone that went over 1/2 Gb/s download speed on JD or other downloaders? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  9. Olymoon

Honestly, I don't know, as I never reached this limit, or it was not applied when reached.
    Until now, I've been uploading and downloading a lot with the basic premium account, and never have been limited.

10. Olymoon

I also have a high speed fiber connection.
    A test is one thing, downloading files with multiple chunks is another.
    The speed limit will be established by a combination of parameters. Including RG servers limit, your isp limit when detecting multichunks , your computer's network adapter limit when truly downloading 800 mb, your hard drive writing limit.
    When you do a test with ie. speedtest.net it's usually done with small files, 3,5MB and the result is extrapolated. That's why there is a big difference when downloading multichunks big files.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Blu

Blu Producer

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    First of all I should clarify that I wrote MB/s multiple times even if I intended Mb/s. Sorry for that but I didn't sleep and my brain is playing tricks on me :(
    I was downloading on a Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB drive. The writing speed should be inferior to 800Mb/s but still this was the "average" speed that JD was indicating when downloading (although it did fluctuate and the real average speed maybe was near the hard drive limit).
    Probably the hard drive was the culprit . I was forgetting that I wasn't using the 970 Nvme drive for this download (space not available).
    I don't think it can be the network adapter because is a card (ASUS)rated for 10 Gb/s.
    Speedtest done from command line downloads 3/4 GB of data so I think is reliable.
    ISP limit could be another culprit.
    I have to download some GB to the Nvme drive and see what happens just to be sure it was only the drive.
    Thanks again for your reply, I'll update the post when I'll download to Nvme drive.
    EDIT: did another test with the Nvme drive this time but the results are the same. I have to investigate some more in order to understand if it's a RG server limit or something on my/ISP side.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  12. feaster

feaster Noisemaker

Thanks. What do you mean by basic premium?
    On their site there seem to be two yearly accounts and I can't seem to understand the difference between them. Also the 80g limit is for individual files then?

upload_2022-3-8_9-42-0.jpeg
    it also seems that the 3 asterisks mean - "*** Files will be deleted after 60 days since last download" not sure how that might apply though.

Is the file storage helpful if I want to post links or keep the files off-site? How do y'all use this feature, or are you just using to dl?

13. Olymoon

I'm using Storage available: unlimited of which I'm using 782.75 GB
    I also read that the files not downloaded since 60 days are deleted, but it's not a problem, unless you want to use RG for long term backup of files for personal use only.
    It's perfect for this
    Not if you are not going to download them for more than 60 days ...
    I use it for download, and for upload.

One advice: given the nature of this kind of service, I would not recommend buying one year in one shot. You never know.
    Personally I'm paying monthly.

14. Olymoon

Or it may be a bit of both. Usually, what ever is your connection speed, you only got half of it (in the best case) with any of these services, UL RG etc ...

15. Blu

Blu Producer

Ok, I didn't know it. Before this connection I had a 10Mbit Dsl and I could go "full speed" (lol) with it on RG and UL so I thought that it would have been the same with the fiber. Thanks for your attention

16. skeltoid

skeltoid Kapellmeister

I have had rapidgator for almost five years now.
    Only been down twice in that time and it downloads a gig in about 3 or 4 seconds.
    I always get the 6 months for 49.99 USD.
    I feel that is the best deal without risking buying too much.
    I know if I bought a year or more they would get shut down. lol

17. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

for comparison sake, i use rapidgator links on my real-debrid connection and regularly achieve average speeds of over 10MB/sec. also, real-debrid doesn't cap rapidgator dowloads.

consider changing your jdownloade settings. i have mine set to 3 maximum simultaneous downloads and only one chunk per download. it might seem counterintuitive but i have found that i get faster download speeds when i've only got few active streams of data.

18. Blu

Blu Producer

I tried various settings including the one you suggest but it didn't improve the situation. As for now I can achieve speeds of 100MB/s max but my connection/drive/network card should allow for 250MB/s (a little more actually, 270/280). It's already a more than good speed but it would be nice to download at full speed

19. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

sorry. i should have paid more attention. you already have plenty of speed. it is probably a limitation of how much bandwidth rapidgator has available for a single user.

20. Olymoon

Ok, now I understand your question better.
    When you where using 10Mbit DSL you were under server limit per user.
    Every server have limit per IP, so their total connection capacity is divided between users, that's the way to never deny a connection to any user. (Enforcing this is called DOS attack and cause service denial to users).

Now that you have a high speed connection, you will only receive full speed in few situations, testing servers is one of these. Testing servers do not limit speed to a connection coming from a specific demand, that's why you can't connect to this servers without using a service like Speed Test.

When downloading files, there are 2 businesses involved to give you bandwidth:
    Your isp, who sold you a high speed connection, but could not handle all his clients using it full speed at the same time
    The servers like RG Who sold you a high speed download but could not handle all his clients using it at full speed at the same time.

So that's why both are involved in the limit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  21. Blu

Blu Producer

Thanks for the explanation.
    Just to talk, the total speed that my ISP is (theorically) providing me is 5Gb/s but this is summing 3 Lan ports (2.5+1+1 Gb/s) and the Wifi.
    I'm using the 2.5 Gb/s Lan port to go to my network card (a 1/2.5/5/10 Gb/s Asus network card).
    With Jdownloader I have max 0.8 Gb/s, that is 30/35% of my full speed on a single port and 15/18% of the total speed provided by my ISP. Furthermore this ISP is new and doesn't share the "tree" with other ISPs and no one in my zone is using it as for now so I think I can reach full speed without being capped by ISP till other people begin using this ISP in my zone.
    This is to say that probably (?) it has more to do with RG. Feel free to correct me if this is not the case.
    Sorry for the simple terms used but English is not my native language and I'm no expert in this field so I lack the knowledge of specific terms.