[REVIEW]Rast Sound - Ethnoscapes & Drones Library

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by simpler, Mar 14, 2015.

1. simpler

simpler Newbie

Ethnoscapes & Drones pack from Rast Sound is reviewed,

"This pack is one of the more rich and organic sample packs I have ever heard. Rast Sounds claims all the content used was sourced from audio recordings, and I believe them – these sounds are all dripping with an utterly lush and natural feel.

While I suppose it would technically fall in the categories of “ethnic” or “ambient”, I could see much of this content being used beautifully in the intros or breakdowns of almost any type of electronically produced music, some of these sounds remind me of the introductions of some of Flume’s tracks.

Rast Sound has even added a Kontakt Instrument player which works great for both selecting the right sample and adding effects such as saturation, reverb, and even tuning. I especially like the randomize function on the tuner panel, it offers a natural pitch wobble that the user can select between oscillating over a few cents to a few semitones. Overall, Ethnoscapes and Drones, these samples are sure to add interest, depth, and a certain lovely organic lushness to your production, regardless of genre."

Contents

45 WAV Soundscapes and Drones
    Kontakt 5 Instrument with a user control panel

Size: 612MB (unzipped)
    Library Link
    Review Link

3. retroboy

retroboy Producer

sounds great. Reminds me of Dead Cities by Future Sound Of London :wink:

I downloaded the free patches but it's far too overcooked for me. Hold down more than 1 note and it sounds like a right mess.

4. simpler

simpler Newbie

Thanks, it is not designed as a multisample instrument, rather as a library of long scapes & drones.