Review of the EU copyright rules

Discussion in 'Education' started by Someone, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

There has been a questioning regarding european copyright laws around since the end of last year, and they expired it to 05.03.2014, so you can still answer if you like.

It's kind of a survey, much blabla and I have no idea why they didnt made an online-survey, because that would have been way easier than those crappy word documents. At the beginning I thought "cool they asking US ( :wow: ) for our ( :wow: ) opinion", but when I took a look at the document... Lawyers will properly be very happy because they know how to deal with those kind of crappy formulations. Actually it doesnt feel at all like something intended to give me the chance of stating my opinion. Again, instead of wasting time on reading every single file they got send via email, they should have spend more time during the preparation of this survey, to come up with an online survey (instead of reading every document and then sorting them for end user promoter label producer etc, they could have used some algorythm or whatever to get it sorted right away), easy questions/formulations, multiple language choices...

Maybe some of you are able to deal with it, I will try to do it but I dont have that much time and nerves... Maybe some native english speaker will have it more easy.

All info's can be found here (you can change the red marked letters to see a version in your language, for example I cahnged it to de and got a german version):
    ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2013/copyright-rules/index_en.htm

3. Tonk

Tonk Member

Yes, this is really something for native speakers.
    Much too complicated for my English-understanding. :dunno:

4. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

I'd say it's more the "illusion" of caring about the opinion of the people, in the end it'll have little or nothing to do with the process but giving them a chance to say they tried to listen. in my opinion its just a scam for them to say "we listened" when they'll do whatever they want.

but like I said my opinion on the matter. The U.S. does relatively the same thing. If you pretend to listen you can deny the fact you never cared what they people thought.