reverse batch resave

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by E.C.R, Nov 16, 2014.

1. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

does anyone know, can you reverse batch resave?
    many thanks

3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Not sure how u actually mean & why do u would need it?

Do you mean as in restore the re-saved contents to what they were before u did the batch resave by pressing a button? If so then no, I don't think so as I believe because batch-resave affects the NKI's themselves in the destination folder.

However, with both types of batch resave,i.e with batch compress & resave, Kontakt doesn't delete or update files in the source folder. Therefore if you set the location somewhere else your source contents are not modified.

Batch Resave a method of linking your NKI's to your samples however it can cause problems if done maybe on mass.

Would advise not to do loads of libraries at once & do them one by one. However if you getting linking to the wrong sample after resave etc you may have to start over.

Maybe you mean as in encrypted NKI methodology type of thing lol?

If I may ask, Why do you need to 'Reverse' your batch resave?

4. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

Thanks 137, I no longer need to do this...
    I have been having an issue with eDNA library and thought maybe this action could have caused it, the problem is something neither Ni nor Spitfire have been able to resolve, I have since done it to another library with no effect as the one I have in eDNA so its not the problem cause
    hope that makes sense, and thanks again for your help, very much appreciated!

5. Clandestine

Hope u sorts out for u *yes*

Is strange that it an issue with Spitfire/Native Instruments & hope they sort it coz that looks like a great library & going to be a great series etc.

I didn't explain it very well any way as was rushing at the time.

I wouldn't expect the process of Batch-Resave to cause problems with the new eDNA Spitfire Library primarily as it so new. But it possible, however I am guessing.

Batch Resave is definitely very handy especially for older libraries say like in Kontakt 4.2

With the Kontakt 4.2 update they changed the format of the NKI to binary. Therefore batch resave can really be helpful with speeding up loading times of libraries especially with libraries previous to 4.2 I think.

Like I said above Batch Resave links your NKI's to your samples but can sometimes lead to problems if not done with care.

However problems mainly occur say when you Batch Resave & it says "Samples Missing" ect & you then go on to hit say "Skip Missing".

If done correctly there should be no problems & it will mean that Kontakt has linked all your NKI's to your samples.

You do have to be careful when using it. For example don't use it on multiple libraries at once & pay close attention to any warning signs when performing.

However it a very useful tool & good to use.

Batch compress a different function but like I should have explained above with batch compress you simply save to a different location & Kontakt will not affect the source folder itself.

Hope they manage to sort it out & it causes no future problems for you *yes*

6. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

thanks very much! very helpfull!

id never used it before but Spitfire recommended it, but the problem i have is when i close a sound in eDNA it asks "do you want to save changes" and no changes have been made...which does not happen in any other library i have (which include some big Sample Logic and Zero g libraries) so because i had batch saved only eDNA I thought that might have caused this

thanks again!

7. Clandestine

So basically you open a patch do nothing & when u close it says do you want to save changes? Try opening a patch, press nothing at all, just close & see if you still get the message.

Also does it happen with ALL patches.

Does it happen say with NKM's rather than NKI's, don't know if there are any multis in that library or does it happen with every single patch?

8. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

it happens with every patch, even if i open and close without touching an item

there are no multi files but you can run dual sounds, all the content in eDNA are NKC NKX and 1 NKR file

9. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Just a shot in the dark here... Could it be the volume slider of the instrument? Like, maybe you have the default at 0 db and the patches are at -6, so it keeps asking as it sets it to 0 db? I know, I know... But you could check it. :dunno:

I've actually faced this with LASS but not always... It was never such a big deal to investigate it further, though.

10. Clandestine

Yeah is strange indeed.

Should also mention did u get any error messages whilst doing the initial Batch Resave regarding missing samples?

One option you could try is that when you have done the batch resave you may need to initially save the instrument. So u could try this. Batch Resave after that

1.) Go into edit mode on Kontakt by pressing the spanner (or wrench icon).

2.) Then go to the floppy disk icon near the top right hand corner and press it.

After the instrument saved close & then reload the patch & see if the error still occurs.

If it referenced wrongly during the batch resave it may not work.

Outside that there are other things u could try. Will keep looking *yes*

11. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

thanks gramofon, i checked, its at 0 but there are a lot of editing tools in the file, maybe the modulation or something alters...id have to ask them....to me it seems so simple that it is probably true!
    thanks 137 did that, reopened and closed same issue, althouh in the edit mode it closed the instrument without asking....in the edit spanner mode!

is there a way i can add a picture to this?

12. Clandestine

Another thing u could try is load the patch go, go into edit mode & then try clicking on file save as & resave the patch. Maybe u could also include options with the absolute sampled paths so that if it referenced wrongly during initial batch resave it may help.

Outside that it sounds like something is changing a setting or during the batch resave the sample paths were referenced incorrectly. Gussing u might try another batch resave & then investigate.

13. CaliReign

CaliReign Noisemaker

I've had the same issue with the Swagg library by MVP/VIP Loops. It never bothered me enough to look into a solution for it tho.