Reverb like George Micheal

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Peter Bomhof, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

Hey Guyz

How can i make the reverb setting for the vox from george micheal "Jesus to A Child"??

Thnx in advance

Greetz Peter

3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

This one? Awfully mixed, honestly. These highs deafen me. And I'm used to fookin Drum'n'Bass.
    I can tell tho that it's a hall reverb with 3-ish seconds tail, little lows, moderate mids and too damn much highs, fuck's sake.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

5. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Yes, too much highs, but I love it.
    There's something weird going on with the sibilance though. Every S sound creates a cymbal like effect in the reverb channel.

6. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

TLDR;

"It used to be the old EMT plate on the Wham! records, but we don't even plug it in any more. It hums too much. So we now put his vocals through a range of Lexicon gear -- the 224X, 480 and PCM80. I prefer the 224X to the 480 because it sounds a little warmer, and the PCM80 is from the same family. George's favoured vocal mic is a Neumann U49"

basically every song ever back in the late 80s and early 90s using these gears, I think it could be achieved with long reverb time and let all the high end through (or maybe boosting them a bit) on the return channel.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

More than likely it's a patch on the Lexi 480 called 'Silica Beads'.

It's still used quite a bit today, although usually a lot lower in the mix, and blended with other verbs to provide a bit of an 'exciter' effect. The Bricasti M7 has a preset called 'Ice Beads' that's very similar.

You can find both on plugs designed to emulate those devices.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022