Reveerting back to older Kontakt 6 version because of hanging notes

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Ike, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Ike

Ike Ultrasonic

I'm on Kontakt 6 6.4.2 the latest version and I'm getting the worst hanging notes in the Cinematic Studio Strings and Brass libraries. This is a known issue since Kontakt 6 6.4.0 so I'd like to revert back to an older version of Kontakt 6 to use these libraries. Is that as easy as running the older Kontakt 6 version patches? or installers over the 6.4.2 version? Im on Windows 10 64 bit running Cubase 11 Pro.Any help is appreciated !!!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Delete the old one from your VST/AU/AAX folders, and the standalone from your Applications, and then install whatever version you want.
    I say this because you are going backwards, so I don't know if it would say "You already have a newer version" if you were to try and install over the top. But it probably wouldn't anyway.
    I did the same as you and all I did was what I said. I didn't remove any other .plist or anything.
    Are you on macOS?

4. Ike

Ike Ultrasonic

Im on Windows 10 64 bit. Did you go back for the same reason? I read on the Kontakt site that 6.4.1 version had the fix for sustained notes in CSS library. If I dont have the standalone version only the vst then do I need to worry about that? Also, what if I just completely uninstalled Kontak 6.4.2 then installed 6.4.1, would I lose any libraries and have to reinstall them? Would I have to batch resave every library again? remember 6.4.1 was the first time the installation was changed and it included the library and privacy enabler. It didnt have the separate files. Not sure if that matters. I have never gone backwards so its new territory to me. Thanks for your help Smoove !!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Smoove Grooves

Wow. I didn't know that. How ridiculous is that, that NI can fuck up a 3rd party lib that's been fine for years, with an update?! :deep_facepalm:
    Worry? I don't get you. Uh, no I can't see any reason why it's a problem, if that's what you mean.
    Hmm. But some plugins DO need the app/standalone version present on the system for the plugs to function.
    We may need to look into this, I'm not sure. But if you've always deleted the standalone after an install and the plugs still work, I guess it must be okay. I'm not sure why you have deleted the standalone though.
    On mac we have to have a standalone to add libraries because we don't have the same tool that you guys have. But we use a 5 version for that.
    So you just add libraries to the vst plugin, open in your daw?
    Anyway, what I said about rolling back is fine. I use Windows but not for Kontakt.
    Maybe a Win person can chime in and help you with that other question.

6. Ike

Ike Ultrasonic

My Bad Smoove I was confusing standalone with portable : ) lol. Yes on the Kontakt website it says Fixed: sustained notes in CSS library for 6.4.1. It sucks because I updated 6.4.2 and now those hanging sustain notes are back. Man I appreciate your help I'll take note and wait to also hear from someone on Windows. Thanks again !!!!!

7. Smoove Grooves

Yep, that's a common one! lol
    So they fixed it, then fuct it again? Idiots!
    Poor old Cinematic Samples! I'd be well pissed off if I was them!
    I actually went back to 6.3.2! Encountered too many bugs myself.