Revalver Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by cs2014, Jul 12, 2014.

1. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Hi everyone,

I can't add external banks to Revalver. Program didn't show any error message but although it can't add. When i create a new bank its name doesn't change. Please help, can i solve this problem?

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ cs2014,

Hi cs2014 !

Do you have tried to add these external Banks by copying them directly inside the usual 'Bank' Folder of Peavey ReValver ?

If you're using a 64bit OS (mine is 'Windows 8.1'), you should find this 'Bank' Folder via the following Path :

C:\Programmes\Peavey Electronics\ReValver Mk IIIdotV\banks

If not already done, try to add (copy) the desired Bank(s) manually inside that 'banks' Folder, relaunch your 'ReValver' Plugin, then try to see if they're now present and accessible via the Bank scrolling Menu.

For this trouble, try to first 'Export' your created Bank instead of 'Save' it as is, then as previously mentioned, copy it manually inside your 'banks' Folder.
    Maybe this is due to a problem with the 'Save' Function of your 'ReValver', but I'm in doubt because there's no main reason that most of the elements of your 'ReValver' work well and that only a few functions (e.g. 'Save',... ) don't work as well... *yes*

4. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

I already tried this but nothing happened

5. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Isn't this just the usual access-rights thing? If the presets are stored in the \Program Files\ folder, that means you need admin rights to change stuff there.

Try running Revalver as administrator (right click, run as administrator) or if you use it from a DAW, run the DAW as administrator.

6. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Yeah as you said actually problem is related to this and i'm trying to solve the problem now.

Thanks, problem has been solved. I can't add bank inside DAW but this is not a problem for me because i can add after executing program (from .exe file).

I wanna ask this too. Revalver resets settings (amp, effect etc.) after closing the program. Is there a solution about that too?

7. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ cs2014,

At a first glance, and even if it can seem a quite simple solution... simply 'save' your created (desired) Settings before to close your 'ReValver', then when you'll relaunch it for a new Session,... simply load these (saved) Presets, Amps, Effects,... Settings.

I mean, when for instance you make some adjustments to an Amp, Effect,... you can 'save' these ones within the GUI of that element (to the right), and all these Settings for the desired element (Amps, Preamps, Effects,... ) are stored in your 'moduleparams' Folder.
    Thus, the next time that you'll launch your 'ReValver' Plugin, you can either choose to load a recently stored 'Preset', or to load one of the desired separate element (Amps, Preamps, Effects,... ), and always to the right of its GUI, you can 'load' [L] one of the available Preset for that specific element (which contains the desired Settings proper to that element solely). *yes*

8. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Ok thank you for the reply