Resources for learning about branding?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Cav Emp, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Would anyone be kind enough to suggest some good books/videos to learn about developing a brand, particularly for a musician or creative act?

3. davea

davea Platinum Record

4. John V

John V Ultrasonic

I used to study branding at college, the book that I found most useful was branding for dummies.. It could be applied to everything, business, musicians, You could learn the basics of developing a brand that is the most important.. then I recommend you to read Martin Lindstrom books, he has unique tips to transform your brand.. All about branding could be applied to musicians, you just need to think about your brand as a musician.. Another good book more focused in music is David Hoper " Six Figure Musician" ...

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Actually it was an e-book on the sister site that inspired this post. I don't mind buying the stuff either, as long as it's not like a $300 textbook. Fair point on the google search, though I'm wary of starting with a blind search on something I don't know anything about, which is why I made this post. I have no yardstick on whether something I'm reading is just nonsense from some amateur blogger. That YT channel looks great - bookmarked. Thanks!

Now we're talking. Thanks a bunch.