Resolution

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by kingjamm, Oct 9, 2013.

1. kingjamm

kingjamm Newbie

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedbacks... I've actually read it all, but when I multiquote it, my response slips out of my head haha.
    So okay, here's what I got so far...
    I will try to get a size between 22 - 24
    Hmm... Not sure If I need HD coz' I really just want a large view
    I'm really more into hearing things I don't really need super High Quality hehe.
    That would be all now.
    Thanks for all the response. :))

ONE LOVE
    GOOD VIBES

2. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

@tater - Totally agree. When I go into "mastering mode", I like to pop the console up on one monitor with izotope insight up on the other. Great for really understanding what a track is doing in real time. This kind of workflow helps me to understand where things need to be "tetris'ed" in the mix. Oh and as far as the shortcuts go, I'm with you on that too. I used to hotkey with the best of them lol (I bought a backlit kb so I could quickly use hotkeys in cubase at night). But I really like leaving everything up because I feel hindered by menus. You know, out of sight out of mind--whereas when everything is visible your daw is like some kind of magical playland. When I work on my laptop (testing plugs, or just on the go, etc) I am always reminded of how nice two high-res screens really are. I am always forgetting what menu things are in, and am having to minimize things or scroll constantly--it's just a pain. The luxury of two monitors can't be overstated. *yes*

Oh and king's music, I would personally say spend the extra dough and go high-res. Trust me, you don't want to be looking at 96 pixels that are 2 square inches each lol. Don't forget that if it's just a larger screen, you won't be able to see "more stuff" in your daw on the screen at once--eg, more scrolling. It may be larger, but you lose many of the advantages in my opinion. With as many knobs, eq screens, and other various doodads (not to mention vsti's) to clutter your screen the extra "real estate" will really be advantageous. This has been my personal experience. Of course, you are the only one that can really decide what works best for your particular situation. :wink: