Resolume Arena and Wire Advice

Discussion in 'Software' started by UkJason1, Mar 26, 2023.

1. UkJason1

UkJason1 Member

Hi All

This is reference latest release on sister site Resolume Area 7.14 Rev 22221 on Win 11.

If I create a patch in Wire for use with Resolume from what I can tell I have 3 options.

1. I can use spout output from Wire and feed live into Resolume, works well but I guess has a GPU and CPU overhead.

2. I can compile a patch in Wire that is not editable in Resolume and this also works well.

3. I can compile a patch in Wire and tick the option to remain editable via Resolume.

My observation is if I leave a Wire patch editable and compile, when used in Resolume it periodically displays the Wire Watermark on output.

The saving grace here is a Wire patch can be saved without the editable in Resolume option checked, this does not display the Wire Watermark in Resolume and can be re-edited going into Wire and opening the patch.

I understand the Wire Water Mark is to do with Wire not being registered, is this a limitation in the sister site release or is there a way around this without official license?

Regards

Jason

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. triplechin

triplechin Guest

Watching this thread in case anyone knows.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2023