Request: Sitewide dereferer

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rico88, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Rico88

Rico88 Newbie

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and really wish that we could do this at AudioZ. I hate clicking on links at AudioZ and then realizing that I've gone directly to some site that now has my ip address. Beyond that, everytime we directly go to a site from here that's in the business of selling the same software we are sharing, they will know soon enough that AudioZ is serving up links to their material. Not great! I've seen many other sites where automatic dereferer has been done and would really like to see it here.

Can it be done at AudioZ? Do you think it would be a good idea?

3. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

first of all, there's nothing you should really be worried about.

second, i'm thinking to implement such system.

third, there shouldn't be any direct links on the first place!
    as it says in the Rules, all links should be posted within CODE tag,
    and if it's posted within CODE tag you are forced to copy the link and paste it in the new tab;
    that way they won't see the referrer.

4. Rico88

Rico88 Newbie

hey Saint, thanks for your response. Not really "worried", just think it would be an improvement that would help avoid potential hassles for the site and the people that visit here. To be honest, since I'm not really one of the regular uploaders, I wasn't really familiar with those posting rules. I can say though that on many occasions I've been able to just click on a link and go... many times that's to the product site which kinda sucks if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I think it would be a cool thing to implement if you can get around to it. Thanks again for responding.

5. crichton13

crichton13 Newbie

I don't remember ever using a "click and go" URL on any AudioZ Posts?

Always had to copy and paste into Browser to get there.

6. Rico88

Rico88 Newbie

@crichton13 - well, I could point several of them out, but as I mentioned earlier I didn't know it was against the rules for people that are doing the uploading, and now I feel I would just be getting them in trouble. That wasn't the point of my "request". Trust me, it's been happening.