Request for some kind of filter on the sister site.

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by dayron, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Filter the sister site?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Don't care

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. dayron

dayron Member

Greetings,

Would it be possible to create some sort of filter for the sister site?
    I can't bare any samplepacks anymore, or Udemy tutorials wich are awefull and made by illiterates in music.
    Please give us a way to filter the startpage, or a way of blocking some posters, that always post the same
    kind of stuff, just to get clicks and money for pretty much worthless and/or free stuff.

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

I agree. Even though I appriciate every release, It would be nice to not have to scroll through a dozen iOs releases and guitar magazines to see the newest posts that are relevant to me!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I disagree. There are some people who will want them and find them useful, even if you don't. If you only want to see certain categories or releases you can easily use the menu on the left hand side or do searches.

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

[​IMG]

6. dayron

dayron Member

Bunford, but what if you have the choice? you can see them if you wish, or you filter them if you rather have a clean frontpage?
    I don't have a mac, i don't have ios devices, and and i'm totally not interested in sample pack nr 2057, with the 808 kicks remasterd! by Johndoe.
    Altho i do appreciate some posters, but i get annoyed by others, it would be nice to have a personalized startpage of some sort :)
    I'm not naming anyone, or fingerpointing, i'm pretty sure most people know who and what i'm talking about.

7. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Best Answer
    The filters are already there on the left-hand side and they are efficient. If you only want to see software and no sample packs, ios apps, tutorials, etc.. simply click Software>Win or Mac and you've filtered that other stuff out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah I'm not sure what this post is about :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Calling a person illiterate is one thing, but in the same sentence, you used the incorrect spelling of bear (amongst other things)!!

Whilst i am on my high horse, maybe it's me, but how on earth can you find fault with something that is offered to you for free? So what if you have to sift through? Surely it's a small price to pay to find something you might find appropriate? no?.

I would feel a bit aggrieved had I have been the one putting all those freebies together, only for someone to come along, and request everything is dropped, so they can make your life in obtaining the exact freebie you want easier.

To me, that 'smacks' of ungratefulness.

10. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Left side of site has the categories. Use that

11. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Haha.. that's funny, and you have a good point. (I can't "bare" any samplepacks anymore) sounds like he's the one exposing all the sample madness he insists there be a filter on.

12. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I do see your point as I am not interested in a lot of the stuff posted either. However, I just accept that it is something I have to put up with in order to give the people that do the hard work the exposure needed to help generate their publicity etc to keep them going and to ultimately release stuff that I am interested in. Using filters would give members of the community a lot less publicity and exposure and that may result in it not being viable/interesting for them to continue their good work.

13. Index

Index Producer

I think this is a valid suggestion and I think (and hope) @dayron doesn't mean to exclude certain posts by default, but to give users the possibility to filter certain things/posts/terms.
    Sure you can use the categories on the left, but this is not about looking at content from only one category, but looking at everything except certain posts.
    Some kind of blacklist in the profile page where you could input words or phrases that would filter all posts that contain these words (in the title) would be one possibility. (This would be client side obviously.)

Exactly. I don't even own any iOS devices.

But this is probably a rather irrelevant feature for many people so I doubt that something like this will find its way to the sister site.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  14. dayron

dayron Member

I see where this post is going, as i was affraid, some people just can't have normal conversations without picking on someone (welcome to the internet i guess). Maybe english is not my main language, i didn't ask to police my writing, i simply asked on an opinion about the site.
    The left menu doesn't really work the way it should, and that's not filtering the way that i suggested, but it's ok.

Please admin close this post, i have a feeling this is going to go the total different direction that i was hoping for.
    Now go be the big guy dbmuzik, on the internet you can :)

15. dayron

dayron Member

Thank you Index for taking your time to read and try to understand what i'm trying to say. That was exactly what i had in mind.
    Again, don't quote me on my English, i'm trying to explain myself.

16. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

When something is funny to someone it is funny. The first thing I mentioned here was the menu on the left-hand side, and it does work. You didn't kick it off with "Pardon my English". And how often and appropriate is it for someone to craft literature in a foreign language and speak of those being illiterate? Are they illiterate for misinterpreting your English? It has nothing to do with picking on someone. You shouldn't make yourself out to be a victim of words in the fashion that a 5 year old would either.

17. lexeed

lexeed Platinum Record

Yeah, something like blacklist check boxes: check IOS, and no ios will show, etc.
    EDM andTrap samples, ios, for example, are things I'll never need or use, so there's no loss of exposure to someone who's not interested. Though I personally don't care to block particular posters, just certain categories material. So it seems rather a harmless suggestion to ask if that could be implemented. It's not (or shouldn't be) a "demand," just a simple suggestion or site request. They can choose to implement or not.

Categories on the left is a one all be all, it's not quite the same thing.

18. dayron

dayron Member

dbmuzik: There is a difference between funny, and making fun of someone for no particular reason.
    Let it rest now, and keep the thing on topic please. I'm sorry that i quoted you, and vice versa i hope.

Well the reason i said, block posters is because "some" posters only post (for example) mac stuff, where another poster will only post samplepacks and another freeware, it woudn't be that easy to implement, i agree and yes something like a blacklist where you can check or uncheck what you want to see? For example, if i wouldn't check the site for lets say 5 days, i'll have 300 posts about samples, 120 about ios, .... you get the point.
    Sometimes i even overlook good quality posts because i can't see the brilliant tree in the forest of what is for me personally trash.

I

19. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

Ive got to admit a checklist on the side to untick whats seen on the main screen would be nice. I do tend to go on audioz and click: software - win everytime.

But i also wouldn't expect the people running the site to put in extra work just to save me 2 clicks every few days :)

It would also be nice to see people not being so offensive to 'dayron' as i have noticed a slight increase in people coming accross rather rude in the past month or so in many posts.

20. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I think it's best that the O.P. learns the tools already given, instead of asking for more!! It only takes a few clicks of a mouse to navigate the site. It's not very complicated

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List