Request for a guide how to install Waves 9R24

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Bichitrax, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Bichitrax

Bichitrax Newbie

Hallo everybody.Recently I've got Waves all plug in bundle 9r24(R2R).
    I tried hard to install it but no luck.Every time there is a problem 'NO LICENSE'.
    Perhaps I could not understand the installations guide given by R2R.
    Previously I used 9r18 with no problem but installation of this one is different.
    Can any body give a step by step instruction how to install it properly ?I am using
    Win 7/32 ultimate and Nuendo 4.3 as daw.Thanks in advance.

3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Pay Attention on setup What directories Waves files are being copied to, Also do same for patch, Guaranteed if your getting no license error the patch isn't going to the same location as the original files THATS WHERE LIES YOUR PROBLEM Sorry Mac User here not sure excact location for Windows :wink:

4. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Install Waves, run patch, copy patched files from waveshell dir to: Common Files; VST Plugins; Digidesign; VST3 and replace originals
    (i think it is safe to delete the waveshell folder after You copyed the needed files)

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I actually had the same problem, followed the info to a t and still had that stupid message appear. Everything works though if you press skip. Not sure if that is for a demo period or permanently though. I know it patched the right files because there is a log file that is created so there's something more to it. Note that I changed the default install drive from C to D. Still the patch seemed to work. :dunno:

6. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

did you install the licence center?

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Do you have to do that separately, I thought it was included in the regular installation of Mercury. I don't think they even mentioned it in the nfo. I wonder if that's it.

8. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Since the few latest there is something different in the installer. You have to manually copy the cracked WaveShell files to the right VST path of your PC. If you don't do that, you leave the original WaveShell files in there and those will pop up with the license message. So far I never had to install 'on purpose' the license center. Just followed the steps in the .txt file (basically, picking Mercury + the few extra separate plugs).

Although different results and opinions are around, I always run the (official) waves installer twice. The 2nd time, it asks if you want to 'modify, repair or uninstall' the installation. I choose repair. This extra step overwrites some older cracked files sometimes that otherwise wouldn't be upgraded. Only after that I run the crack / patcher.

After running the crack / patcher, you have to copy some files to the right location (since R23 or something? Some recent release anyway, it's in the .txt file). On my x64 Windows machine, Waves installed some files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Waveshells. The patcher cracked those files, but left them there. You need to copy the one you want (or multiple) to the right place.

WaveShell-VST 9.3.dll = 32bit VST2 plugin = (on my machine) C:\Program files (x86)\VstPlugins\
    WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll = 64bit VST2 plugin = (on my machine) C:\Program Files\VstPlugins
    WaveShell-VST3 9.3.vst3 = 32bit VST3 plugin = (on all PCs) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
    WaveShell-VST3 9.3_x64.vst3 = 64bit VST3 plugin = (on all PCs) C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

I'm assuming the 'WaveShell-AAX 9.3.aaxplugin' isn't cracked (no crack for AAX files yet I guess) and I have no clue what format 'WaveShell-WPAPI_1 9.3.bundle' and 'WaveShell-DAE 9.3.dpm' are in. I don't need them, that's for sure.

That single 'Waveshell' DLL file contains _all_ the waves plugins you have installed (this is why it is called a 'shell'). Most recent DAWs support this just fine (one dll file with multiple plugins in it).

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

But I did copy the waveshells, that's why I'm stumped. :dunno:

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Just to add that "WaveShell-DAE 9.3.dpm" goes to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DigiDesign\DAE\Plug-ins" and it's a Waves waveshell for 32bit ProTools 10 and lower. Not needed for Nuendo, of course. You don't need VST3 waveshell either for Nuendo 4.3. A common mistake that people do is they forget to replace the VST3 waveshell for newer Cubendo, they just replace the VST2 waveshell and then you get problems. You have to replace both in order for Cubendo to work with Waves properly.

Maybe your VST paths are different, so it's best to open Cubendo and check the VST paths that it loads the plugins from. A VST2 path that Nuendo 4.3 creates is usually "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins" on Windows 7. I still don't get why those stupid MS programmers insist on using "Program Files" instead of just simple "Programs"... bloody corporate idiots. :snuffy:

Cheers!

11. Bichitrax

Bichitrax Newbie

Thanks thanks thanks.Good to see lot of friends are ready to help me.Love you all.Long live Audioz.

12. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

C:\Files are used by 64-bit Programs (only on x64 OS) and C:\Files are used by 32-bit Programs, IMO, would be better :rofl: :rofl:

13. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

For those of you that have followed the directions perfectly but still have problems, just suck it up and move on. No reason to install something to "try" if you can never ever afford it to begin with. Installing 10 grand worth of software is not "trying before you buy" ,Next time some young ass punk tells me he has Waves installed etc etc.. but still lives with his parents and takes a bus everywhere is going to get his teeth knocked in.

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Can't afford the whole bundle but could possibly go a piece at a time. Besides that I have no qualms that I don't buy everything I try. There are some plug-ins in that bundle that are my go-to like the API but can't afford it right now. I put in too much time here, need to start finding some balance so I can focus on making some extra dough. So I look at it like I help people all day every day and get a little bonus sometimes by having some plug-ins that are outside of my price range at the moment. I definitely don't live with my parents though. :rofl:

15. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Actually I wonder why they didn't call it "Your programs are installed here". That would be even more Microsoft like. :wink: :rofl:

Compared to Linux: [no drive letter] /usr/bin

16. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I'm (almost) glad to read that I'm not the only one having issue with Waves's latest: I was kinda starting to doubt about myself...

17. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

one thing to note is if you are running a 32bit DAW on a 64bit OS , you will still end up with a VST3 in your 64bit program files hierarchy aswell.

32bit VST2 plugin - WaveShell-VST 9.3.dll................= C:\Program files (x86)\VstPlugins\ (or wherever you installed it)
    64bit VST2 plugin - WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll........= C:\Program Files\VstPlugins (or wherever you installed it)
    32bit VST3 plugin - WaveShell-VST3 9.3.vst3...........= C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
    64bit VST3 plugin - WaveShell-VST3 9.3_x64.vst3...= C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

no need to copy the whole folder either, just the right file. Don't miss any of these locations & it should work just fine.

The VST3 paths were the most confusing to me at first because you have 0 control during the installation process whether to skip or install VST3 as it automatically installs & there is no information in the logs stating that VST3 has been installed, its like ninja & the nfo mentions nothing about it. Its a bit stupid.

18. TommyMoran

TommyMoran Newbie

But isn't that kind of the whole point? People buy what they CAN afford, but aren't left in the dust because they don't have 10s of thousands of dollars to spend on plug-ins?? Sure companies give you months to try products out, but it's not just about TRYING for many of us. It's about LEARNING too!

That's the way I've always justified it. I've spent somewhere around ~4000 grand on software over the last few years, and I don't make a dime for any of my music!! I can't afford to pay for everything. I'm not good enough to make that kinda money (yet!). How am I supposed to get better though if I don't have the same tools to use as everyone else? That's what I understood one of the main point of warez was for!

You'd obviously know best Mykal... but that's just how I understood things around here. :thumbsup:

19. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

mykal i see your always posting stupid shit

20. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

You are entitled to your opinion just like I am to mine

21. NapalmFiyah

NapalmFiyah Newbie

Can anyone help me with this? The R2R installation read me is quite vague. running windows 10 x64 not sure what files I'm supposed to move after I do the shellvst drag/drop. i have all the folders and files,i think. Just not sure what and where to move and what to delete?